Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions on 1st Polish Armored Division

Article about: Opinions on 1st Polish Armored Division Sleeve Patch if it is original? Also is it an officer's grade. Any help would be appreciated!

Default Opinions on 1st Polish Armored Division

Opinions on 1st Polish Armored Division Sleeve Patch if it is original? Also is it an officer's grade. Any help would be appreciated!

Opinions on 1st Polish Armored DivisionOpinions on 1st Polish Armored DivisionOpinions on 1st Polish Armored DivisionOpinions on 1st Polish Armored Division

Hello Sieg,

An interesting version. I can’t say that I have previously seen one exactly like this. The construction is definitely what could be considered “officer grade”. The black paper backing is common to post-war cloth insignia produced in the UK for the Polish veteran market and made available through veteran associations and retailers such as POSK. I cannot say for certain that this patch was part of that run, but it certainly would fit right in based on the quality and details. I would feel sufficiently comfortable with this one to include in my collection.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello Tony,

So most likely a post war variant? If you are interested in it please make me an offer? I would love to sell it and let go into someone who could appreciate it! I purchased it with a bunch of insignia, which I have been selling off. Many thanks!

Regards,
    Drew

Yes, that would be my assumption based on several factors. Possibly early post war, although there's not much to go by as far reference sources. Largely observation and gut feel. I neglected to add that the hussars wing feathers are disproportionately small in comparison to the standard size, but this sort of variation is not entirely unusual. PM sent.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne