Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Original WW2 Battledress issued to Polish 2nd Army ???

Article about: Hi, i would appreciate some opinion on this item. That was available on ebay, recently. Is this a original ww2 Battledress? The insignia looks OK to me, but are they original to the jacket o

Default Original WW2 Battledress issued to Polish 2nd Army ???

Hi,
    i would appreciate some opinion on this item.
    That was available on ebay, recently.
    Is this a original ww2 Battledress?
    The insignia looks OK to me, but are they original to the jacket or post added?
    Regards

Fábio
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original WW2 Battledress issued to Polish 2nd Army ???   Original WW2 Battledress issued to Polish 2nd Army ???  

Original WW2 Battledress issued to Polish 2nd Army ???   Original WW2 Battledress issued to Polish 2nd Army ???  

Original WW2 Battledress issued to Polish 2nd Army ???   Original WW2 Battledress issued to Polish 2nd Army ???  

Original WW2 Battledress issued to Polish 2nd Army ???  

No one ?

I do not like this blouse. This type (shape) of collar patches was worn on service uniforms. For BD were diamond-shaped (like shape of kite).

In addition to the problem pointed out by Mr. Sunday this one has all the characteristics of another made up piece. The stitching of insignia looks recent. If you're looking for a genuine period BD then you'll need to keep looking.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne