Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

"Original" WW2 Polish Battledress Auction. Your thoughts?

Article about: I wonder if anyone else has noticed that C&T Auctioneers, Kent, England have three battledress blouses in their forthcoming sale on 21 October. I contacted the auctioneers to enquire whe

Graff Archive
    ?

Default "Original" WW2 Polish Battledress Auction. Your thoughts?

I wonder if anyone else has noticed that C&T Auctioneers, Kent, England have three battledress blouses in their forthcoming sale on 21 October. I contacted the auctioneers to enquire whether they have any provenance, original owners’ details etc. C&T responded by keeping their mouth tightly shut and simply stating "all three are original".

Take a look at the Lots here:

WW2 Polish “Walking Out” Battle Dress Blouse of Konrad Kaszubowski 1st Reconnaissance Regiment

WW2 Polish 5th Kresowa Division Battle Dress Blouse

WW2 Polish 16th Field Regiment 2nd Polish Armoured Division Battle Dress Blouse

I have a stack of concerns about these - not least being three appearing at once, along with several British of same period - but am no expert. What are your thoughts. Are these honest period WW2 Polish battledress or "made-ups"?

They look like good Polish Battledress Blouses. Typical converted pointed collars which is one way of spotting a good Polish BD Blouse.

Nick

Hello Graff Archive,
    These battledresses are good also in my opinion.
    They are absolutey BEAUTIFULL.
    You won one or several of them ?
    Best regards.
    ZP

They are all missing something... first one the Armored badge, second the Siren patch, patki, third "Poland " titles.

Hello,
    I wouldn't be so greedy as you Krakow.
    The CKM battledress is really a VERY rare unit to find.
    I have a first lieutenant BD in my own collection, I know a service dress in another Belgian collection, another battledress sold in France (Lieutenant Handelsman) few years ago, and this fiurth I discover.
    Indeed, it is not complete, but beautifull for me.
    The guy who won it is a lucky man. And this BD is named, even if you are right it is not complete.
    Best regards.
    ZP

Not being greedy, just pointing out that is missing... that is what we do here... Did they sell for lot of money ?

Hello,
    In the order, the final prices given are :

Lot 401, CKM : 1250 pounds
    Lot 402, 5th Kresowa : 540 pounds
    Lot 403 : 16th Field regiment : 720 pounds

Two Day Fine Militaria Auction

Best regards.
    ZP

Graff Archive
    ?

ZP, don't forget that 24% (including VAT!) buyer's premium has to be paid. So prices paid were:

Lot 401 £1,550
    Lot 402 £670
    Lot 403 £893

What with seller's premium plus buyer's premium, the auction house always wins!

GA

Hello,
    For the CKM battledress, I would say the price is correct.
    For 2nd Corps, I don't know the prices for such tunics.
    The action house and the sellers are always the big winners.
    Best regards.
    ZP

TMZ
    ?

Wow, wish I still had my dad's.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast