Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

P704114 FLIGHT SERGEANT STANISLAW GETMAN , 300 ( POLISH ) SQUADRON RAF - For Sale

Article about: Good day folks I'm sure someone will be interested in the auction below for the medals etc of FLIGHT SERGEANT STANISLAW GETMAN , 300 ( POLISH ) SQUADRON RAF. It has already reached £2000 so

Default P704114 FLIGHT SERGEANT STANISLAW GETMAN , 300 ( POLISH ) SQUADRON RAF - For Sale

Good day folks

I'm sure someone will be interested in the auction below for the medals etc of FLIGHT SERGEANT STANISLAW GETMAN , 300 ( POLISH ) SQUADRON RAF. It has already reached £2000 so someone has already spotted them.https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/a...lot-image-link

Regards

James

I noticed this group yesterday and I cannot figure out if the airman was a walter mitty or if a collector added a whole bunch of medals and fancy stories to sell it.
    There is no Getman in the Virtuti Militari rolls. I checked both the PAF roll and the VM recipients roll and nothing.
    There is also no Getman who recieved a DFM.
    I checked my RAF evader books and nothing there also.

Now the curious thing is all the medals and insignia are real and some real nice items are in that lot.

My gut feeling is he was a bit of a collector and that is why there are so many items there and he was aircrew, flew a few ops but only was awarded a Cross of Valour and decided to glorify his achievements by adding a VM and a DFM and a evader story. You can see in the paperwork there is a Cross of Valour legitymacja there.

I am curious what other collectors on here make of this grouping?

Nick

This is an interesting group and in my local auction room . I know the auctioneer , so if there are any questions I can find out more info . I shall be at the sale on Friday and will probably view on Thursday .
    Incidentally , I'm selling the original Richthofen albums which immediately follow this grouping .
    I stand to be corrected at this point in time , but believe the medals are coming direct from the family . The DFM is a copy and he was not officially awarded it .
    Jim

Hello James,

I found Stanisław Getman listed on the PAF Lists as a Sergeant (Plut.) with service Number 704114, born 2nd December 1922 in Mikuliczyn (which is today in the Ukraine).

No awards listed, but he is listed as serving in 315 Squadron as a Air Gunner (?).

On the Official Lists is he not listed for the D.F.M. or Virtuti Militari.

If you noticed on the medals there is the Air Crew Europe Star and the France and Germany Star if the ACE Star was awarded first then the F&G Star would be denoted by the Bar.

Some one out there thinks it is alright, we will have to wait and see what happens.

Andrzej

?

All is in paperwork. I wish I could get some close ups of those documents.

Auction pics so we have a permanent record on this thread . . .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture P704114 FLIGHT SERGEANT STANISLAW GETMAN , 300 ( POLISH ) SQUADRON RAF  - For Sale   P704114 FLIGHT SERGEANT STANISLAW GETMAN , 300 ( POLISH ) SQUADRON RAF  - For Sale  

P704114 FLIGHT SERGEANT STANISLAW GETMAN , 300 ( POLISH ) SQUADRON RAF  - For Sale   P704114 FLIGHT SERGEANT STANISLAW GETMAN , 300 ( POLISH ) SQUADRON RAF  - For Sale  

P704114 FLIGHT SERGEANT STANISLAW GETMAN , 300 ( POLISH ) SQUADRON RAF  - For Sale   P704114 FLIGHT SERGEANT STANISLAW GETMAN , 300 ( POLISH ) SQUADRON RAF  - For Sale  

P704114 FLIGHT SERGEANT STANISLAW GETMAN , 300 ( POLISH ) SQUADRON RAF  - For Sale  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello Everyone,

Following in Tony's footsteps the following lot contains his photograph Album, which I thought would be best preserved on the Forums website.

P704114 FLIGHT SERGEANT STANISLAW GETMAN , 300 ( POLISH ) SQUADRON RAF  - For Sale

The last photograph shows 315 Squadron association.

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Hi Andrzej,
    This photo album is very interesting altohugh I couldn`t find any mention of Stanislaw Getman in 300 Squadron archival documents.
    I would be very interested in taking a closer look to some of the photographs presented above.
    Could you please contact me on my e-mail address: Gregor30@autograf.pl ?
    I would appreciate it a lot.
    Regards,
    Greg

Hello Greg,

The photo album is also up for auction, although a separate lot from the badge/decoration group posted above. The photos posted are from the auction listing. You’ll need to contact the auctioneer with your request.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Hi Tony,
    Many thanks for your prompt reply to my message.
    I`ll try to contact the auctioneer. Hopefully he would be so kind to agree to send me copies of some photos from the album.
    Regards,
    Greg

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast