Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

PAF Stories

Article about: War veteran returns to RAF Kemble Wierzbowski Tadeusz kpt. / F/Lt Pilot 300DB P-1696 Ted Weirzbowski (back row, centre) with his Lancaster crew after returning from a successful raid 1:00pm

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    Hello Stephanie,

May I be the first to welcome you to the Forum, your Grandfather Antoni Jan Wesołowski, Born 22nd December 1918 in Dortmund, Germany, Service Number : 704467, awarded the KW with 2 Bars.

His Service Record would be held by the PISM in London, you can either write to them asking for a photocopy of his service record for which they will charge you £25, or you can book a seat in the reading room and then you will only pay for the cost of photocopying.

The choice is yours.

The PISM details are below:

The Polish Institute and Sikorski Museum
    20 Prince's Gate
    London
    SW7 1PT

Telephone Number : 00 44 (0)207 589 9249

Best wishes

Andrzej
    Thanks for your welcome and for getting back to me so quickly. I will get in contact with The Polish Institute as you suggest. Kind regards, Stephanie

Dear Andrzej, I have been trying to send a personal message to Ade73 who, as you can see from the thread above, has my grandfather's air gunners log book. I am obviously very keen to see this if possible. The site tells me that Ade73 has either chosen not to accept private messages, or may not be allowed to do so. Is there any way that you, as the moderator, could contact him on my behalf? Kind regards, Stephanie

?

A lady has contacted me claiming to weslowski’s Granddaughter,if I were to part with the logbook and medal citations what’s a fair price I am unable to find any that have gone via auction to 301 squadron or flight 1586,so have no idea?

Dear Ade73, It was great to hear that you have received my messages about my grandfather, Antoni Wesolowski. I am still keen to talk to you about his war memorabilia. It would be great to talk - perhaps you could drop me an email at stephrampton@gmail.com . I hope we can be in touch soon. With kind regards, Stephanie

Quote by Ade73 View Post
    A lady has contacted me claiming to weslowski’s Granddaughter,if I were to part with the logbook and medal citations what’s a fair price I am unable to find any that have gone via auction to 301 squadron or flight 1586,so have no idea?
    Hi Ade73, for a market valuation you’d need to research the web for sales results. Here we occasionally post auction results for certain items, but as prices can be all over the map we limit our discussion to the authenticity and history of an item rather than its monetary worth.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Hello could someone please advise is this the correct medal type that was awarded to Antoni weslowski I have included a photo of the award document regards Adrian PAF StoriesPAF StoriesPAF Stories

Hello Adrian,

Many thanks for your post yes that Cross of Valour by Spink and Son Ltd is alright.

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Thankyou Andrzejku98 much appreciated I just need a 3rd award bar for the medal now,regards Ade

Hello Adrian,

With reference to your last post, I assume you already have the 2nd award Bar.

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Yes I have one bar,still on the look out for another will have to get to some of the large military fairs when we are out of our current situation,regards Adrian

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast