Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Para Patki with Supply Backings

Article about: Good day folks I'd like your comments on these please. They appear to be uniform removed but the backings are polygon rather than kite shaped. Is that a red flag? What about the parachutes t

Default Para Patki with Supply Backings

Good day folks

I'd like your comments on these please.

They appear to be uniform removed but the backings are polygon rather than kite shaped. Is that a red flag? What about the parachutes themselves? The silver was looks very bright and there doesn't seem to be the wear on the high points. Is this a reflag too?

I have tried to keep the resolution high and the size large so that you can get a good look.

I welcome your views and comments.

Many thanks

James
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Para Patki with Supply Backings   Para Patki with Supply Backings  

Quote by jamest8 View Post
    . . . They appear to be uniform removed but the backings are polygon rather than kite shaped. Is that a red flag? . . .
    The pentagonal shape was used on service dress uniforms. Although I am wary of the construction of these. And . . .

Quote by jamest8 View Post
    . . . What about the parachutes themselves? The silver was looks very bright and there doesn't seem to be the wear on the high points. Is this a reflag too? . . .
    Yes. No visible brass substrate on uniform worn examples = reproduction / fake.

Warning: prepare yourselves for the advent of brass flash plated copies to start appearing on the market.

Regards,
    T.
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

For me the parachutists look OK but cloth patches are construction.

?

Very interesting discussion....what is meant by " are construction"? Does this mean they are made up? not authentic?

I forgot to write MODERN construction!
    Yes, in my opinion the cloth background is a fake.

Hi Rafal,

Do you know if period issue badges were also stamped from white metal alloy? The only known genuine examples I have ever encountered are plated brass, typically with significant wear to the silver wash. This has also been the observation of others I have spoken with.

Thanks in advance,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

And what about the paper backing? At first glance seems correct. Though somehow something dosent seem right about it

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hi Rafal,

Do you know if period issue badges were also stamped from white metal alloy? The only known genuine examples I have ever encountered are plated brass, typically with significant wear to the silver wash. This has also been the observation of others I have spoken with.

Thanks in advance,
    Tony
    Hello Tony,
    I saw once such type of parachutist on photo - it looked like a cast. And the whole patch looked bad. Unfortuantelly I do not have any photos of it.

It might be a possibility of workshop production but I saw no evidence of this fact.

The only workshop made parachutists come from occupational period.
    Rafal

Quote by dorava View Post
    And what about the paper backing? At first glance seems correct. Though somehow something dosent seem right about it
    The problem is with a whole construction of the patch - material, colours, etc.

Here is similiar example of BD patch - I guess it comes from the same seller!

Here are 100% legit WW2 collar patches with paper on back:

Para Patki with Supply BackingsPara Patki with Supply BackingsPara Patki with Supply BackingsPara Patki with Supply Backings

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast