Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Poland Army Medal for War 1939-1945

Article about: Hi Everyone, I also think that it is time that the Number of vatiants of the Army Medal are listed and I would ask any member to post their variants below, I have been able to find the follo

Default Poland Army Medal for War 1939-1945

Hi Everyone,

I also think that it is time that the Number of vatiants of the Army Medal are listed and I would ask any member to post their variants below, I have been able to find the followiing variants:

1st Type made in the United Kingdom most likely by Spink & Son

2nd Type the so called Swiss variant

3rd Type made by the firm of Arthus Bertrand in Paris

4th Type unknown Maker (I first came across this variant when I visited the Jozef Pilsudski Museum in London, in the late 1970's)

5th Type also unknown Maker ( I also came across this variant when I visited the Jozef Pilsudski Museum in London, in the 1970's) this variant has the crowned eagle clutching not a sword as per the other variants, but a Bayonet. I have a photograph of this somewhere, but at this moment I can not find it.

Now I hand this over to the other Forum members to add their own photographs of their variants.

As always

Best wishes

Andrzejku
    Attached Images Attached Images Poland Army Medal for War 1939-1945  Poland Army Medal for War 1939-1945 

Hi Andrezjku, I've taken the liberty of moving your post from the "Polska Swemu Obroncy Medal" thread as it is a perfect starter for a new thread devoted to this decoration.

Here are the seven variants in my collection. The four you posted are included. Your '4th type unknown maker' is a scarcely seen product of Jerusalem based maker Kretschmer.

Left to right:

Spink & Son London
    Arthus Bertrand Paris
    F.M. Lorioli, Rome
    unknown (many similiarities to the Lorioli version)
    Kretschmer Jerusalem
    unknown (3.5mm thick / possible 1960's veteran's strike ??)
    unknown (Polish made?)

I'm hoping you'll find the pictures of the "bayonet" variant you mentioned. Would love to see it.

Regards,
    Tony
    Last edited by A.J. Zawadzki; 03-27-2017 at 06:58 AM. Reason: updated information
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Here are same "Polska Swemu Obroncy Medal" in my collection, what variants are they?
    Mariusz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Poland Army Medal for War 1939-1945   Poland Army Medal for War 1939-1945  

Poland Army Medal for War 1939-1945   Poland Army Medal for War 1939-1945  

more Army Medals
    Attached Images Attached Images Poland Army Medal for War 1939-1945  Poland Army Medal for War 1939-1945 

more AM

- - Updated - -

AM
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Poland Army Medal for War 1939-1945   Poland Army Medal for War 1939-1945  

"Polska Swemu Obroncy Medal" Paris?
    I have seen it on allegro

Hi Mariusz, your first post #3 has left to right: three x Spink & Son, and then an unkown one which I have pictured to the far right in post #2. I should have added that in addition to this possibly being an unknown Polish made version, it may just as easily be a copy of a Spink. In fact, on close inspection after posting those pictures I am inclined to think it's the latter.

Post #4 is another common Spink & Son with an ersatz bar

Post #5 is a French made Bertrand and then another Spink & Son

Post #6 is another Parisian Bertrand

Cheers,
    Tony

PS I don't know the maker of the miniature
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

picture from Kretchmer's family archive
    ( I must to call to Boaz Kretchmer - son and make photos myself )
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Poland Army Medal for War 1939-1945  

Hi Igor,

It looks like a portfolio = board with Kretchmer's products (I do not know how properly it should be named in English) because we can find there some medals and badges made by Kretchmer in Jerusalem (e.g. very characteristic Poland Army Medal for War 1939-1945, badge of the 320th Transport Company, Silver Jerusalem Cross). Probably all of these items from the picture were produced by Kretschmer and it is their trading offer. This is my hypothesis...

Regards,
    JacekMed

Hi JacekMed,

It would be called a Samples Board, to show possible buyers what can be produced by the Company, also shown on the board are the KW obv and rev, BKZ, General Staff Collar Badge.

Best wishes

Andrzejku

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast