MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Polish Air Force in WWII France 1940.

Article about: Hello. I just recently obtain this nice badge. I don't know much about history behind this badge. The is some data in Wesolowski book but I believed is not 100% correct. If some members one

Default Re: Polish Air Force in WWII France 1940.

I have seen this auction... I prefer the auctions in France...

Polish Poland Badge from 1940 France - eBay (item 120554535670 end time Apr-13-10 17:12:00 PDT)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Air Force in WWII France 1940.  

If a member has troubles with other member of this great forum, I would prefer him to contact him directly and not to write to me...
    I won't give details, just this information ; the moderators can clean it when they read it...
    I am on holydays several days without Internet...
    Ze-Pole
    Last edited by ze-pole; 04-11-2010 at 09:38 PM.

Quote by ze-pole View Post
    If a member has troubles with other member of this great forum, I would prefer him to contact him directly and not to write to me...
    I won't give details, just this information ; the moderators can clean it when they read it...
    I am on holydays several days without Internet...
    Ze-Pole
    The is one more on eBay
    Polish Poland Badge from 1940 France - eBay (item 310213477405 end time Apr-14-10 13:35:57 PDT)

And just to ensure the content of this ebay auction is preserved once the link expires, here’s the seller’s description, which answers some of our lingering questions. Evidently a seller with a sense of humour:

Quote by ebay: Polish Poland Badge from 1940 France ? View Post
    This is actually a badge made in 1954 for the 1st Vietnamese Dragoons Regiment, a light armored unit with vietnamese troops and French officers/NCOs. The dragoons, in French, are "dragons" hence the dragon design, and the red/white flag is the reconnaissance signal flag. It is well-known to French collectors around the world. But if you think this is really a 1940 Polish air force badge worth hundreds of dollars, I would be happy to sell the one in my collection, because as you can see, I can easily replace it.
    Case closed - ?

Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Tony,
    Come back, and no more mails in my box. All is OK now.
    Ze-Pole

?

I think that many of us (included me!) had an oversight about this badge.
    The correct PAF checkerboard should be surrounded by a frame with inverted colors!
    Or not?

Enzo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Air Force in WWII France 1940.  

Hi Enzo,

Yes, you are correct. Also, in Polish military ‘imagery’ the dragon typically is found in the armoured corps insignia and is not associated with air force. And have you noticed that the “ 1 “ numeral located on the botom right has a distinct Asian flair?

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hi Enzo,

Also, in Polish military ‘imagery’ the dragon typically is found in the armoured corps insignia and is not associated with air force.

Regards,
    Tony
    ....Typically... but not exclusively. See illustrations.
    Respectfully,
    IvanPutski
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Air Force in WWII France 1940.   Polish Air Force in WWII France 1940.  

Quote by enca View Post
    I think that many of us (included me!) had an oversight about this badge.
    The correct PAF checkerboard should be surrounded by a frame with inverted colors!
    Or not?

Enzo
    The original design for the polish Air Force red & white checkerboard emblem did not have the frame. It was based on the personal emblem of WW1 K.u.K. pilot Stefan Stec and was adopted in December 1918 as the emblem of the Polish Air Force. The frame was occasionally used with the checkerboard, but it was not made an official part of the emblem until 1921. Certainly, by 1940, the frame was indeed an established feature of the Polish Air Force emblem.

?

Quote by IvanPutski View Post
    The original design for the polish Air Force red & white checkerboard emblem did not have the frame. It was based on the personal emblem of WW1 K.u.K. pilot Stefan Stec and was adopted in December 1918 as the emblem of the Polish Air Force. The frame was occasionally used with the checkerboard, but it was not made an official part of the emblem until 1921. Certainly, by 1940, the frame was indeed an established feature of the Polish Air Force emblem.
    Many thanks for this information.
    Enzo

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast