Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Polish AirForce Badges Gallery

Article about: Finally I have finished my PAF Wing display.

?

Default wing size

Quote by Mariusz View Post
    Hi Igor
    WWII Polish Air Force Wings in my display are regular size PAF badges made by J.R. Gaunt & Son, LTD London, the wings where warn on uniforms.
    I have been told that the non-British allied air force units wore a reduced sized British pattern wing on their uniform?

I have a number of examples in my collection. Can anyone comment on this or is it another created fact?

tanks,
    Piwo

- - ------- - -

Quote by Mariusz View Post
    Hi Igor
    WWII Polish Air Force Wings in my display are regular size PAF badges made by J.R. Gaunt & Son, LTD London, the wings where warn on uniforms.
    I have been told that the non-British allied air force units wore a reduced sized British pattern wing on their uniform?

I have a number of examples in my collection. Can anyone comment on this or is it another created fact?

tanks,
    Piwo
    Last edited by Piwo2; 11-09-2013 at 04:20 AM.

my badge ( I have only one )
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish AirForce Badges Gallery   Polish AirForce Badges Gallery  

Hi Igor I think that is:
    Pilot/Observer badge 1940-1944,
    Observer/Aerial Gunner badge 1940-1942,
    Observer badge 1942-194,
    Radio Operator/Observer badge after 1944.
    Anyone please let me know if that is right.

Hi Marius,

The Eagle clutching 3 Lightening Bolts all in Bronze is the 1942 Observers Badge

The 1942 Air Gunner/Radio Operator Badge in Bronze has 1 Bolt,

The 1942 Radio Operator/Observer Badge in Bronze has 2 Bolts

The 1942 Air Gunner Badge in Bronze has no Bolts.

Then in 1944 the following Badges were introduced:

The Air Gunner /Radio Operator Badge in Bronze with 3 Bolts with the addition of a Silver Letter R appled to the wreath.

The Air Gunner Badge in Bronze with 3 Bolts with the addition of a Silver Letter S applied to the wreath.

The Flight Meteorologist Badge with 3 Bolts with the addition of a Silver Letter M appled to the wreath.

These are the Bronze versions for Aircrew, there are also the silver versions for 1942 Flight Engineer, 1944 Flight Engineer, 1944 Bombadier and the Artillery Observer/ Aircraft Pilot Badges.

Best wishes

Andrzejku

little , 27 mm , silver Pilot badge. England 1939-1945 ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish AirForce Badges Gallery   Polish AirForce Badges Gallery  

25 mm , silver , Knedler pre-war ?

off-top

old Israeli pilot
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish AirForce Badges Gallery  

3mk
    ?

2 recent pick ups, can anyone identify the maker of the silver badge? I couldn't take the pictures in natural light as it hasn't been too sunny the last couple of days

3mk
    ?

A bit of a follow up, after comparing the silver badge to other gapa's I've come across on the forum, I've noticed it looks a lot like a Guant made badge. Seeing there is no Guant markings on the reserve, could this be a post-war replacement of some sort?

Default 306th Polish Fighter Squadron Badge

Have you got any pictures of genuine badge of the 306th Polish Fighter Squadron???

All the photos are welcomed.

Thank you in advance,
    Regards,
    Jacek

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast