Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Polish AirForce Badges Gallery

Article about: Finally I have finished my PAF Wing display.

Thanks for your post. Unfortunately I can’t quite make out the inscription you mention.

You’ve certainly done your homework in checking the squadron roster. But unless we can be absolutely certain of the name I’m afraid putting much more effort into identifying the original owner may prove pointless. As for the pin, it is possibly a period sweetheart piece, although I suspect the pin clutch was added. Sorry I can’t offer you much more than that.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thanks Tony. Unfortunately I am not able to read anything more from that inscription. I am going to buy stereo microscope in the near future so maybe that will help to see more details.

Cheers,

Hordeum

Hi Guys,

What do you think about these badges of No 306 and 315 Polish Squadrons. In my opinion both looks good however I have never had a chance to see them 'live' before.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish AirForce Badges Gallery   Polish AirForce Badges Gallery  

Polish AirForce Badges Gallery   Polish AirForce Badges Gallery  

Please see

Polish Hat Eagles

?

Quote by Gary J View Post
    Mariusz

Same more of air staff. What kind of version of that MEDAL LOTNICZY is it?
    M
    Hello new to the site I have a citation for this medal and am looking to purchase an original medal to complete the group could anyone on here advise where i can obtain one? regards Ade

Hi Ade, and welcome to the forum.

I don’t know of any for sale at the moment. Genuine PAF medals are difficult to find, and are on many a collectors want list. Complicating matters is that this one has been widely copied. Keep your eye on ebay and allegro, and be sure to post images here to get opinions on authenticity. Best wishes in your hunt.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Hey Gary J,
    I want to post my entire PAF Collection, including 20+ wings (Obverse and Reverse)
    I would normally post as "Polishboy's Polish Air Force Collection".
    I want to get my entire collection on the Forum for the record before selling off.
    Any suggestions

Hi Guys

I intend to start posting a fair bit of WW2 Polish Air Force militaria on here including uniforms, groups, badges, insignia etc. Most of it will be related to 300 Squadron as I tend to focus on anything related to our first Bomber Squadron formed in the UK.

To start off here are 2 examples of the rarer Spink & Son made wing. Unlike Gaunt & Son produced wings which are fairly common these are much harder to find. I believe these were produced early in the war around 1941 unlike Gaunt wings which I believe came around more towards the end of the war in 1944 and of which a large supply of unissued ones hit the market. In my opinion these are also much harder to find then the Firmin made wings.
    This is the typical wing that would have been worn by a Polish Airmen from 1941 onwards.
    The one with the green combat wreath is part of a group to a 300 Squadron Air Gunner who completed a full tour and was awarded a immediate Virtuti Militari for a mission in 1941.

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish AirForce Badges Gallery   Polish AirForce Badges Gallery  

Quote by cichociemny View Post
    To start off here are 2 examples of the rarer Spink & Son made wing. . . I believe these were produced early in the war around 1941 . . .
    The evidence does support the Spink & Son wing production as dating to early war period. The question is when was production ceased, and when was Gaunt awarded a production contract. The spinner pictured is apparently the earlier type. At some point another spinner pattern was introduced along with maker marks applied:

Regards,
    Tony

Hi Tony

I really like that badge. I have never seen a Spink made 1944 "S" Air Gunners badge, a nice and very rare wing!
    When I was interviewing a 304 Sqd Navigator a few years back he showed me his issued wing and that was a Spink made wing. He finished his Navigators course in July 1944.
    The earliest issued Gaunt badge I came across was to a pilot who completed his course in August 1944 and he had a Gaunt made Pilots wing.

Nick

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast