Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Polish AirForce Badges Gallery

Article about: Finally I have finished my PAF Wing display.

Here are a few photos from my collection for our Polish Air Force thread.
    Most of my collection focuses on 300 Squadron.
    More to come soon.

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish AirForce Badges Gallery   Polish AirForce Badges Gallery  

Polish AirForce Badges Gallery   Polish AirForce Badges Gallery  

Hi Nick Nice Collection ! I have an acquaintance, Jacek Makowski from Manchester, Mass who is the son of 300 squadron Commander Makowski. Polishboy

Hi Polishboy

Wow. He was the first commander and flew ops when the squadron was flying Fairey Battles.

I bet he has some great early photographs of 300 Squadron!

Nick

Default 300 PAF badge

Just posting up the image from my previous post onto this great thread

Regards

GaryPolish AirForce Badges GalleryPolish AirForce Badges Gallery

Hi All

please look at this observer badge by Gaunt. Compared with original shown in post #52 seems to be OK, all details match. But this one is very fresh and with untouched bronze finish. May be an unissued remainder? What is Your opinion?

regards
    Tomasz

Polish AirForce Badges Gallery Polish AirForce Badges Gallery

Hi Tomasz,

In my opinion everything is correct - the lettering of the producer's name is clear and proper, the profile of the badge, chain, screw-nut, everything is correct. If this is an issued or unissued badge I can not distinguish but fortunately it is genuine badge and this is the most important issue of this case. Congratulations!!!!

Regards,
    Jacek

Thank you, Jacek

?

Default 1940 Morocco wings

Recently found very rare fighter pilot wings. Very limited number produced. Supposedly 20 or 21 ever made, according to fighter PAF pilot Stanislaw Socha. Silver Moroccan hallmark.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish AirForce Badges Gallery   Polish AirForce Badges Gallery  

Hi Simon,

In fact extremely rare fighter pilot wings. I have never seen such a variant or even heard of. Probably private order and cast on the basis of pre-war Knedler badge.

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!

Cheers, Jacek

Hi Simon, agreed with Jacek, a very interesting wing. Is that silver plated brass? Reminds me of the early wartime 'warsztatowki' made as replacement for Polish pilots arriving on British soil. Congrats on your acquisition and thanks for sharing it with us.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast