Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Polish Combat Reports

Article about: I bought a number of these over 20 years ago. I sold a few to recover some of my investment as I recall they were rather expensive and really put a crimp on my collecting budget...or so I th

?

Default Polish Combat Reports

I bought a number of these over 20 years ago. I sold a few to recover some of my investment as I recall they were rather expensive and really put a crimp on my collecting budget...or so I thought........
    Piwo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Combat Reports   Polish Combat Reports  

Polish Combat Reports   Polish Combat Reports  

very nice reports.

Thanks for posting. A very nice collection, are there more?

Hello,
    "Skalski"... The Famous SKALSKI ! ? !
    ZP

Hello ze-pole

In answer yes Stanislaw Skalski spent 9 days in August 1940 with 302 Sqdn from 3rd to 12th, before being posted to Blackpool and then posted onto 501 Squadron.

It took a bit of finding not even Polish Squadrons Remembered has Skalski listed as serving with 302 Sqdn.

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Thank you Andrzej for the added information. In al I believe I may bought 8-10 reports..these are the only ones I have kept. The seller in the Uk would not break them up so had to buy all of them then sold a few to recover part of my money. I sold them to other Polish collectors as EBay was not available at those times. Two of the collectors passed away and when I tried to buy those reports back the family had already "sold Dads' stuff" to a very nice dealer who paid them cash for everything"! The other reports remain with the other collectors I believe. I cannot recall precisely but I think I paid 30 pounds each for the reports and there where 8-10 in all and that was in 1990-92. The same vendor found over 100 complete personal files on junior officers from the 2 Division who were interned in Switzerland. I bought that lot and donated them to the Sikorski Institute in London.
    I am glad to share these with everyone and I will try to see if the other collectors will do the same.
    Piwo