Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Polish Dog Tags

Article about: Can you tell me why this soldier had three sets of dog tags ? On each of them is the same name and surname and date of birth. But why they have different identification numbers and what they

Default Polish Dog Tags

Can you tell me why this soldier had three sets of dog tags ? On each of them is the same name and surname and date of birth. But why they have different identification numbers and what they mean ? Please help me solve this problem. Thanks.

Polish Dog Tags

Polish Dog Tags

Polish Dog Tags

Polish Dog Tags

Polish Dog Tags

Hello Krzyztof201183,

Many thanks for your post, you do know that you have to different dates of birth 1900 & 1901.

The ID Tags for Józef Gala 1901-3-1 was issued to Polish Troops in the UK

The ID tags for Józef Gala 1901-16-III was issued to Polish Troops in the Middle East including 2nd Corps Soldiers.

The ID Tags for Józef Gala 1900-1472-III was also issued to Polish Troops in the Middle East including 2nd Corps Soldiers.

I have looked through the Monte Cassino Cross Recipients list but could find nothing listed for the above, I have also checked through the list of 3DSK also with out any joy.

More than likely if they where 2nd Corps Soldiers either 5KDP or 2nd Armoured Division or 14th Armoured Brigade or Auxillary troops eg, Artillery, Sapers, etc.

Hopefully one of the other Forum members will be able to help out with this question Krzysztof.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello,
    Who would have informations about this Polish soldier ?
    CEBULA Franciszek, born in 1905, RZ KAT, 27/I
    I have got the dog tag and would like to know in which unit or regiment he could have served.
    Thank you in advance.
    ZP

Hello,
    Nobody to help me ?
    I know the 1irst Corps, that is enough difficult to find informations.
    Best regards.
    ZP

Hello,

Nobody to identify the unit of this man ?

CEBULA Franciszek, born in 1905, RZ KAT, 27/I

I just found his homonym KIA in the 2nd Corps.
    But not him from the 1rst Corps.
    Best regards.
    ZP

Hello ZP,

I have looked through the soldiers killed in the 1st Armoured Division without finding him also no joy on the Kresy-Siberia wall of tribute, the best way of tracing which unit he served in would be through the Army Medal awarded to the 1st Armoured Division.

Which is held at the PISM it is only an idea, unless any of the other Forum members can add anything.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello,
    Thank you Andrzej for you answer.
    I just know that Franciszek CEBULA was not in the paratroopers brigade, not in the KIA of the 1rst pol arm div, not in some of the regiments of the division. But impossible to identify the exact unit.
    Probably I will never know.
    But thank you very much for the time you took to look for and answer.
    Best regards.
    ZP