Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 167 of 226 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 177 217 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Quote by Pieter1942 View Post
    . . . Can you tell what kind of eagle is in the last posts please?

(O yeah maybe a strange question, but can you also tell me where the wz. stand for in the mention of wz.39 please?
    Hello Pieter, this particular eagle was used in the 2nd Corps, as evidenced in the photo Artur posted, and can be included in the wz.39 category. The maker of this eagle remains unknown.

“wz.“ is the abbreviation for “wzór” which means model or type. The Model 1939 or Type 1939 designation is generally applied to the full size hat eagle badges used by the exiled armed forces, with size and design more or less based on the first of these eagles produced by French maker Alavoine in 1939/40.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Pieter,

The "Brass Eagle" (as i call it), as of today, has not yet been properly IDed - no knowledge of the manufacturer (likely Mid-East), place of introduction (likely before 1943) - unfortunately.
    There is however, pictorial evidence locating the Eagle in 1944+ and in the context of Polish Commando units (both the Independent Commando Company (part of 10th UK Commando) and 2nd Motorised Commando Regiment. However, again this is not the only Eagle used in those units.
    Overall, i would say this Brass Eagle is very hard to find, especially in a good condition.

"1939 Eagle" - relates to an iconic design that emerged in France by the end of 1939, by manufacturer called "Aloviane" (sorry for spelling - not 100% sure). All the documents re that order / proposal are kept at Sikorski's Institute in London

Quote by Pieter1942 View Post
    Gentlemen, again very nice overviews of very intresting and beautiful eagles !

This topic reach every time again new hights and its not Always easy, to keep up with the up-dates, but i do my best to keep up, follow and above -learn .

Can you tell what kind of eagle is in the last posts please?

(O yeah maybe a strange question, but can you also tell me where the wz. stand for in the mention of wz.39 please?

Thank yu very much in advance!!
    Kind regards, Pieter.

Thank you again for the complete, and well explained information to the question Tony and Artur ----> !

Thanx, Pieter.

Fellows
    Very relevant find - I think!
    Looks like Mid-East based manufacturer(s) exploited the opportunity well and adjusted effectively to various pockets of demand!
    This very rare variant of Polish Eagle and Royal Artillery badge – sharing same fixing concept and material
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,
    Very interesting SBS Eagles + a few nice pictures form Sikorski's Collection.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,
    One more steps in understanding the usage / application of Polish Eagles.

First Aid Nursing Yeomanry (Princess Royal's Volunteer Corps) (FANY (PRVC) had proved its value, commitment and a real contribution to the good cause during the both world's wars.

Interestingly one of the Eagles appears to be a pre-war pattern.

Interesting Eagle

Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles 

Recently found and sold - in Poland, a very rare Eagle of the Haller's Blue Army.

Unfortunately, I do not have better pictures, but i am very curious to see good quality ones to examine details of it this particular design.

Anybody can help?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,
    I am glad to present an another, hope relevant, find taking us further in understanding Polish Eagles of WW2.

Very interesting photo capturing an event - presentation of Ambulances to members of Polish Armed Forces - by Polish Red Cross (judging from PCK signs) . Unfortunately, date and context are unknown - Pasis?

However, what is very intriguing is an unusual and "illegal" application of Eagles by members of Military - Eagles are also used as breast badges.

This is the first time i see such an application - in the context of Polish Army in France 39/40.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles 

Fellows,
    Any ides as to what organisation this Eagle could relate to?

Some similar designs have been featured on our forum before.