Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 216 of 226 FirstFirst ... 116 166 206 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Sold recently, a rarely seen version of the 2DSP eagle with twin fastening blades rather than the threaded post / large spinner version. Polish hat eagle collector and researcher A. Kawonczyk estimates that these are seen in the proportion of 1-20/25 of 2DSP eagles.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles

Picked up this cap Eagle, sadly missing the fixing on the rear, came from the same house as the Russian shako plate. I wondered what period the Polish Eagle might be? Thanks

John,
    Welcome to the forum.
    Smaller Eagle is nice and follows the design attributed to the rules established for Polish Army in 1919. In practice, rules were taken up as directional and during the period between 1919-1939 a large nr of Eagles "pattern 19" were produced. Only a few variants had been stamped with producer's ID. However majority of variants had been well documented (pictures / archives etc) - having said that - it is very likely that library of knowledge is not at all complete.

Your eagle is nice - variant is known - high content of copper.

Re Imperial Russian one - I would be very careful. It is hard to believe that examples of such eagles survived the "tectonic political and military movements" that took place in Russia. I would think - that if some survived they possibly belonged to diplomatic military personnel who had been based outside of Russia and managed to stay abroad.

Quote by JohnF View Post
    Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles

Picked up this cap Eagle, sadly missing the fixing on the rear, came from the same house as the Russian shako plate. I wondered what period the Polish Eagle might be? Thanks

Fellows,
    I am happy to report an interesting find.

It has taken me years to find good quality picture - which may actually provide an answers helping to contextualise one of the Eagles of the Polish Free Forces - known as "Bevo" Eagle.
    Technology used for the production appears to be identical as for some German ww2 patches - known as "Bevo".

The picture is understood to feature - 2 member of 9th Infantry Battalion of 1st Polish Armoured Division (battalion knows as "Flanders Battalion).
    Picture must have been taken in Germany around 45/47.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

?

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fellows,
    I am happy to report an interesting find.

It has taken me years to find good quality picture - which may actually provide an answers helping to contextualise one of the Eagles of the Polish Free Forces - known as "Bevo" Eagle.
    Technology used for the production appears to be identical as for some German ww2 patches - known as "Bevo".

The picture is understood to feature - 2 member of 9th Infantry Battalion of 1st Polish Armoured Division (battalion knows as "Flanders Battalion).
    Picture must have been taken in Germany around 45/47.
    Very nice photo, especially when together with such a patch!

?

The most recent addition to my collection.

I assume that it is Middle East made? Any further insights appreciated.

I find the use of the pin quite interesting. This seems to be original to be badge, as the nut is stuck fast to the screw fixing and the pin consequently retained with the badge.

Polish Hat Eagles
    Polish Hat Eagles

Thank you to share this very intresting addition!

Are the edges of the bevo type eagles on there beret rounded before they sewn on it?
    Looks in my opinion like they did, just like other variants have the "oval" appearance..

Very intresting!!
    Kind regards, Pieter.

Hi Doug, welcome

Nice Eagle. This particular variant - is understood to be minted and issued in Palestine - before SBSK merged with Polish Army evacuated from CCCP in Q1 42.
    This particular version / design is very decorative / charismatic / detailed and well made- it is called "Palestinian" amongst collectors. It follows the design of a very decorative eagle minted in France in Q1 40 (but Palestinian Eagle is bigger and more balanced in terms of details)

Interestingly - despite years of research it has not been possible to establish the manufacturer, even if it is clear that it must have been a quality firm with professional tools etc. - and therefore well advertised.
    There are a few "candidates" I have lined up - but nothing conclusive.

This variant is well documented and specimens are still to be found. Likely to appreciate in value in short period of time. Palestinian eagles in mint condition - not polished ones - are super rare to find.
    Pin - was not an integral part - it must have been added.

Quote by DougSA View Post
    The most recent addition to my collection.

I assume that it is Middle East made? Any further insights appreciated.

I find the use of the pin quite interesting. This seems to be original to be badge, as the nut is stuck fast to the screw fixing and the pin consequently retained with the badge.

Fellows,
    V interesting variant - casted / workshop version - most likely Mid-East
    Characteristic Eagle - we should try to find similar specimen
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,
    Interesting context of Polish Army Eagle by - Gaunt & Son.
    Eagle was also issued to Polish Air Cadets (there ware 2 schools - Cranwell and Holton)

Useful link re Gaunt's history.
    J R Gaunt & Son Ltd – Jewellery Quarter Heritage

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles