Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 69 of 226 FirstFirst ... 19 59 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 79 119 169 ... LastLast

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Default re: Polish Hat Eagles

Hi Piotr, yes, it's a first for me as well. No doubt a very rare eagle. Congratulations on your ownership, and thanks for posting. It's a treat to have seen it.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hi Piotr, yes, it's a first for me as well. No doubt a very rare eagle. Congratulations on your ownership, and thanks for posting. It's a treat to have seen it.

Regards,
    Tony
    Thank you Tony. I think that the 12th Podolski Lancers copied the idea to stamp the unit designation in the amazon shield later in the 40s.
    By the way, there are many early cap badges wz.19 with unit/regimental designations in the amazon shields. The cap badge in the pictures looks to be a sentimental part of Polish interwar tradition continued in Exile.

Cheers,
    Piotr.

?

Tony, a short update on the cap badge above as it has arrived today.
    It is only 49 mm tall and less than 1.7 mm thick. The threaded post is attached to the badge with what I can see is lead, and the reverse is very well detailed compared to other sand cast brass cap badges made in the North Africa later in the 40s.

Who knows maybe the badge was made in the French Levant, today Syria, where the Carpathian Lancers were formed in April 1940. Personally I think however that it was made a few months later in Palestine where they moved in the summer of 1940.
    The early sand cast brass cap badges made in Palestine are usually well detailed, a bit smaller and very often silver plated. The appearance of this badge fits the Palestinian characteristics. I bet my life it was at Toburk, Alem Hamza, Bardia and later at Monte Cassino. I wish it could talk

All right, I think this covers everything for this time. I will get back when I have found a cap badge made of gold

Cheers,
    Pit.

Fellows
    Any idea?
    Some sort of prototype of S&S one?

Just got the pictures
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  

Quote by Taurus View Post
    Tony, a short update on the cap badge above as it has arrived today.
    It is only 49 mm tall and less than 1.7 mm thick. The threaded post is attached to the badge with what I can see is lead, and the reverse is very well detailed compared to other sand cast brass cap badges made in the North Africa later in the 40s.

Who knows maybe the badge was made in the French Levant, today Syria, where the Carpathian Lancers were formed in April 1940. Personally I think however that it was made a few months later in Palestine where they moved in the summer of 1940.
    The early sand cast brass cap badges made in Palestine are usually well detailed, a bit smaller and very often silver plated. The appearance of this badge fits the Palestinian characteristics. I bet my life it was at Toburk, Alem Hamza, Bardia and later at Monte Cassino. I wish it could talk

All right, I think this covers everything for this time. I will get back when I have found a cap badge made of gold

Cheers,
    Pit.
    Piotr, sorry for overlooking this post of yours. Any chance you can post pictures of this eagle? A very interesting eagle.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Fellows,
    Further to the recent posts regarding the “Small – Legionowy (as I call it)” Eagle by J.R.GAUNT LONDON.
    I have just noticed an interesting auction (pictures).
    My experience suggests that Variant with the “prongs” is much more difficult to find than one with “nut”.
    I would say statistically 1 in 10

Given that pictures are of good quality – I have decided to post them for reference
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles 

Fellows
    Spink – “unsymmetrical version” - very good pictures too
    Definitely worth posting
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles 

Fellows

To continue on the - “Small – Legionowy (as I call it)” Eagle by J.R.GAUNT LONDON with prongs – i have just received the pictures below – interesting differences

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fellows,
    Further to the recent posts regarding the “Small – Legionowy (as I call it)” Eagle by J.R.GAUNT LONDON.
    I have just noticed an interesting auction (pictures).
    My experience suggests that Variant with the “prongs” is much more difficult to find than one with “nut”.
    I would say statistically 1 in 10

Given that pictures are of good quality – I have decided to post them for reference
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows
    I have just received this pictures from a friend with the ask to upload it for the discussion – very interesting variant of DSP Eagle – most unusual.
    I do not think we have ever featured / discussed this variant.
    Does any of You know more about this particular variant?

Hello, long time no see
    As far as I know the middle one is also made in Germany- the pins are typical for Germany, You find similar on WH cap eagles- also aluminium was mostly used in Germany to manufacture cap badges.
    Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fellows
    A Friend from Poland has been kind enough to supply this picture to facilitate discussions about the “Small Eagles”
    I think that
    1. The one on the left had been made in Germany
    2. One in the in the middle – not 100% sure
    3. One on the right side – to my knowledge, various sources are diverging in opinions regarding the origin between Germany and Scotland

Any additional information / details – Anyone?

Attachment 203655Attachment 203656

Page 69 of 226 FirstFirst ... 19 59 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 79 119 169 ... LastLast