Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 226 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Default re: Polish Hat Eagles

Can anybody identify this particular one?
    I was under the impression that it is 1SBS one. But earlier posts by Rafal suggests different pattern.

A
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Can we briefly discuss this one.

I have been told that this pattern was going to be used by Polish Liaison Officers in British Army. To my knowledge, however, this pattern was never approved for an official army use.
    I have also heard the theory that it was designed for Polish YMCA.
    I have tried to research it in Sikorski Institute and by looking at various pictures – no result.

I very much like quality of design and pattern.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Can anybody identify this particular one?
    I was under the impression that it is 1SBS one. But earlier posts by Rafal suggests different pattern.

A
    My understanding has always been that this series was made in the UK and distributed amongst the 1st Polish Corps. But I have nothing to substantiate this.

Below is an armoured corps version from this series on black backing, and if memory serves I recall seeing one on grey backing as well.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Can we briefly discuss this one.

I have been told that this pattern was going to be used by Polish Liaison Officers in British Army. To my knowledge, however, this pattern was never approved for an official army use.
    I have also heard the theory that it was designed for Polish YMCA.
    I have tried to research it in Sikorski Institute and by looking at various pictures – no result.

I very much like quality of design and pattern.
    This badge has long been somewhat of a mystery, and there are conflicting theories as to it’s actual purpose. Lately I have seen these listed on the market as hat badges used by the Polish guard units in the Allied occupation zones just after the close of WW2. I have yet to see a period photograph showing this eagle in wear, which, of course, would be very helpful in pinning down exactly where it was used.

T.

GFC
    ?

The woven eagles with the rough linen backing were made in Palestine.... and some made their to Warsaw as packing in supply containers.

I know of nobody who has ever seen a period photo of the "Poland" shield in use.....

Quote by GFC View Post
    The woven eagles with the rough linen backing were made in Palestine.... and some made their to Warsaw as packing in supply containers.

I know of nobody who has ever seen a period photo of the "Poland" shield in use.....
    Hello GFC, Thanks for clearing that up. Near eastern production makes sense as the exact same style woven linen backing is found on numerous 2nd Corps cloth insignia.

Regards,
    Tony

Wadowicznic,

Late yesterday I had a few moments to spare to look through some reference materials to see if I could pin down that elusive information about the metal shield badge you asked about with. To my surprise I found a page that pictures not only the metal badge, but also the small cloth eagle badge you posted questions about (that GFC answered). This book describes these as being used by the women’s auxiliary units. I didn’t have the time to scan the page, but will do so and post later.

Regards,
    T.

PS And I haven’t forgotten about the promised pictures of other MkII helmets with your pattern of eagle. Thanks for your patience.

?

womens auxiliary units for the brown patched eagle is correct..
    I had a photo of one in use ...
    will try to find it

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Wadowicznic,
    . . . To my surprise I found a page that pictures not only the metal badge, but also the small cloth eagle badge you posted questions about (that GFC answered). This book describes these as being used by the women’s auxiliary units. I didn’t have the time to scan the page, but will do so and post later.
    As promised, quick pic of the relevant page from "Orzeł - Symbol Przynależności," by Lech Bujanowicz, Zdzisław Sawicki. . . it's late and need to sign off, so I'll leave the translation to you wadowicznic . . .

Dobranoc,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Quote by dorava View Post
    you want to stay away from that seller..he is not a recommendable chap
    You WRONG. I have 100% positive feedback on eBay.
    I'm not selling fakes . And you don't have rights to do this
    THIS comments on this FORUM !!. THINK before you make damage
    and not proven comets.

Page 7 of 226 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 107 ... LastLast