Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Polish Parachutist badge No 4002

Article about: Hi my first post . Would it be possible to identify who this badge was awarded to ? Thanks in advance Steve.

Default Polish Parachutist badge No 4002

Hi my first post . Would it be possible to identify who this badge was awarded to ?

Thanks in advance Steve.

Hello Steve and welcome aboard. Parachute badge nr.4002 was awarded to Grzegorz Karpow, a private at time of participation in Operation Market Garden. His combat wreath number was 801.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hello Steve and welcome aboard. Parachute badge nr.4002 was awarded to Grzegorz Karpow, a private at time of participation in Operation Market Garden. His combat wreath number was 801.

Regards,
    Tony

Thank you so much Tony . Here are some pics of the badge
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Parachutist badge No 4002   Polish Parachutist badge No 4002  

Polish Parachutist badge No 4002  

You're most welcome Steve. Great looking badge. Do you have any other items from this veteran?

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hi , the only other item was this cap badge .
    Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Parachutist badge No 4002   Polish Parachutist badge No 4002  

?

Nice parachute badge ..

Hello escosis,

The Parachute Badge Numbered 4002 with the Combat wreath Numbered 801 was awarded to Strzelec (Rifleman) Grzegorz KARPOW, I have looked on Find my past and found the following for Grzegorz Karpow born 1915, died 1998 in Barnsley.

Best wishes

Andrzej

p.s. Strzelec Grzegorz Karpow served in the 5 Kompania (5th Company), under the command of Kpt Marian Pobozniak