Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 123 of 148 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 133 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1478

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

Hi All,

I am happy to show you my new trophy: 2nd Armoured Regiment badge. I suppose, this is a Scottish made version? Sawicki mentions also German manufacturing - but as I saw in this thread, the German version was with brass spinner and w/o rivets?

regards
    Tomasz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Last edited by tompress; 09-03-2017 at 03:50 PM.

Hello Keith,

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner, to answer your question the spinner on the reverse of your SBSK Badge is from the 3rd Carpathian Rifle Division Badge.

I have taken the opportunity to post photographs of both the Brigade and Division Badges for your information.

Independent Carpathian Rifle Brigade Badge with original spinner.

3rd Carpathian Rifle Division Badge obverse and reverse (also found in 800 silver)

Hope that this helps you Keith

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Keith,

With regards to Antoni Fabiszewski whilst serving in the SBSK he was a Bombadier (Lance Corporal), his date of birth was listed as 1918, His service number (also found on His ID Tags) : 1918-4-III. he is listed as serving in the 3KPAL within the 3rd Carpathian Rifle Division.

I could not find him listed in the register of recipients of the Monte Cassino Cross, he was not listed in the "Roll of Honour" listing those servicemen and women who died between 1939-1946.

I could find nothing else then stumbled across this photograph of Grave Number 178 in section H of the Blacon Cemetery in Chester.

click on the photograph to enlarge in a new window.

That is all that I could find for you Keith

I hope it helps

Best wishes

Andrzej

Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Thank you Tomasz.

Another badge KWK Cichociemny, by Lorioli. It looks original to me but I welcome the opinions of the forum.

Thank you for looking, Keith

Thank you Andrzej

I would appreciate the opinion of the forum please. Is this badge an original or fake.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Not genuine. And I agree that calling it a fake is more appropriate than a copy as there may have been intent to deceive by using a bogus Kirkwood & Son spinner. Kirkwood was the official maker of this badge. Incidentally, genuine spinners were of this pattern but die stamped in brass.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Tony thank you for confirming my suspicions and saving me from an expensive mistake.

Keith

Quote by Popskipa View Post
    Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Thank you Tomasz.

Another badge KWK Cichociemny, by Lorioli. It looks original to me but I welcome the opinions of the forum.

This badge doesn't refer to Cichociemny, paratroopers or special forces - as often described by dealers. This is a beret (cap) badge of 14. Wielkopolska Kompania Saperów, a unit belonging to 14. Wielkopolska Brygada Pancerna (formerly 3. Brygada). Badge was instituted in June 1945 (early post war), but was probably not official. Described on page 423 "Polskie Siły Zbrojne na Zachodzie" by Wojciechowski & Sawicki

regards
    Tomasz

Tomasz thank you again..

Keith