Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 131 of 148 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 141 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1480

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

Unusual version. Can't say I have ever seen this one before. Yes, only the two versions you mention are considered as being official production.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Recent acquisition to share – a seldom seen version of the badge of the 3rd Silesian Ulan Regiment. This badge was produced in three versions in the following quantities:

[11] .800 silver
    [52] alpaca (white metal)
    [495] brass

This is a the white metal version, produced for the officer corps. Quite scarce with only 52 made. Both the silver and alpaca version were issued with silver plated maker marked spinners. The other ranks brass badge’s spinner was regular un-plated brass.

This one arrived affixed to the battledress blouse of Lt. Jozef Pogorski VM, so a particularly welcome addition to the collection.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Last edited by A.J. Zawadzki; 10-28-2018 at 08:42 AM. Reason: spelling correction
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Fellows,
    Finally I have managed to take photos of one of the rarest Polish WW2 Badge.
    PISM London

I have actually never have handled one!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Default Polish Officers Badge Silver Nagalski

Recently purchased Polish Officers Silver Badge. I think its an officers school badge but I am not sure. Perhaps someone can enlighten me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Hi Delimata,

The badge of the Wyższa Szkoła Wojenna in Warsaw (Higher Military Academy). A personal favourite. However, the one in your pictures has some red flags. There are now very deceptive copies of this badge. Are you able to post better pictures?

Regards,
    Tony

Default Polish Officers Badge Silver Nagalski

Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Hello further to your post I have tried to get closer photo's of the badge for you to see.

?

Badge looks good to me. Might have repaired or replaced threaded stud. Otherwise silver hallmark and maker's marks are OK.

Sorry to disagree Szymon, but this is a fake. The big giveaway is the threaded post with the modern machine screw end. Original Nagalski badges had brass posts with a manually filed end, along with brass "rivets" holding the two parts together. If still in doubt have it tested for silver content. As mentioned previously, these is a very deceptive fake as most details are well reproduced. A seller based in Germany has been listing them periodically on allegro. Sorry to the owner for the bad news. Genuine example for comparison below.

Regards,
    Tony

Dear Tony,

I am gutted that its a fake, I bought this badge through a reputable Central London Medal dealer who assured me it was genuine. Will have to have words to get my money back.

Delimata

?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Sorry to disagree Szymon, but this is a fake. The big giveaway is the threaded post with the modern machine screw end. Original Nagalski badges had brass posts with a manually filed end, along with brass "rivets" holding the two parts together. If still in doubt have it tested for silver content. As mentioned previously, these is a very deceptive fake as most details are well reproduced. A seller based in Germany has been listing them periodically on allegro. Sorry to the owner for the bad news. Genuine example for comparison below.

Regards,
    Tony
    You're right Tony. That badge lacks of rivets. Maker's mark and silver hallmark are misleading.