MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 144 of 148 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1478

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

Hello delimata,

Many thanks for your post and congratulations on your acquisition, Page 89 of the Wojciechowski & Sawicki book on Polish Forces in the West shows 2 variants the one made by the firm Kirkwood and Son, Edinburgh and the one made by the german firm Steinhauer, Ludenscheid, Germany and of course the Officers Variant also made by Kirkwood and Son.

Yours seems to be the 1st type produced by Kirkwood and Son 39mm x 39mm in size and in need of a good clean.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Post Help Wanted

Hi Folks- I am looking at starting to collect Polish WW2 badges- any help would be most appreciated.
    I have had help from members of this group which is much appreciated, but I am totally new to this, so please feel free to offer any advice whatsoever.
    Thanks
    Andy

Hello Andy1964,

Welcome to the Forum, there are still badges to be had on the market, but be careful of modern copies, in the 1970's the market was flooded by Panasuik badges copies of pre 1939 Regiments and now days there are also copies of Polish Badges from the 2nd World War.

My advice would be to read up on the subject the book Polskie siły zbrojne na Zachodzie 1939-1947 by Benedykt Wojciechowski and Zdzisław Sawicki, published in 2009 is a good reference book to have, these are sometimes available through the Polish Auction Website Allegro.pl etc.

But if you can not obtain a copy of the book, then post your photographs of potential purchases for the members to comment on.

Andy have you decided what service of the Polish Forces you wish to collect Badges from or are you going for a blanket approach.

On a personal note I have been collecting since the 1970's, when you could purchase badges for under £10.00p, but those days are long gone now days for some of the Badges you may be looking in the Hundreds of pounds especially on Ebay.

I would recommend that you read up on all the available information you can get your hands on and then also remember to ask the Forum's members opinions.

Once again Andy welcome and best wishes

Andrzej

?

Hello for comment machine woven title ,would be interested to know if where and when these were made, is it general or specific to a branch of service,hope i am also in the right section, a humble offering hope you like it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Hello,
    These titles POLAND are BeVo made, in Germany so, used during the Occupation period.
    Best regards.
    ZP

?

many thanks

?

Here is a 3rd DSK legitymacja and badge made of alpacca,to plutonowy Edward ,i believe a signalman radio operator, it also has some sort of numberingPolish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2 or naming to the rear of the badge,all thoughts welcomed
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Hello Colin,

Many thanks for your post and congratulations on your acquisition of the 3DSK Badge and Legitymacja (Award Card), the Motto on the reverse “Wiara, Wytrwałość, Zwycięstwo”, which translates to "Faith-Perseverance-Victory". The badge was made by the Italian Firm F.M. Lorioli of Milan & Rome.

I have also rotated your photograph of the inside of the Legitymacja, I sincerely hope that you do not mind.

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Some more information on Edward Czop, when awarded the Monte Cassino Cross his details were as follows :

Surname : Czop

Christian Name : Edward

Date of Birth : 1913

Army Number (also found on His ID Tags) : 1913-5-III

Unit : 3 Karpacki Batalion Łączności (3rd Carpathian Signals Battalion)

Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 3394

By the end of the war he had been promoted to Plutonowy (Lance Sergeant)

I hope that the above information is of some use and help to you Colin.

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

always andrej and many thanks , happy i am to have found something,again thanks for your help

?

Here for comment a rank badge star on blue cloth with yellow edging, also a silver collar badge of 17 rifle battalion, 6 th lwowski brigade, 5 th K D PPolish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2