Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 148 of 148 FirstFirst ... 48 98 138 144 145 146 147 148
Results 1,471 to 1,478 of 1478

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

Hello,
    I know some of you have listing...
    What would you have about a soldier named K. Szymanski, his breast 2nd Corps badge would be 3860 (or a part of the badge would be this numer).
    Thank you in advance.
    Stephane

Hello Stephane,

Szymański is a very common Polish surname. What was his full first name and date of birth?
    As far as I know, there is no Soldiers Recipient List of the 2nd Polish Corps Commemorative Badge.

Regards
    Konrad

Hello,
    Thank you for your answer. No idea about his date of birth. Only K. Szymanski.
    11th Radio battalion would be his unit, owing to identify his badges.
    Regards.
    ZP
    PS: Happy New Year 2023 !

?

Default 2nd Armoured Regiment

Hello,

Picked this one up priced, but not labelled, as a replica (I assume). Couldn’t find an example of the enamelled one in this or the auction item threads, so posted as a reference and would welcome comments on my thoughts about it.

The enamelling isn’t as accurate as it could be, particularly the head of the thistle (should be two colour). Would an original have this textured back, would they be numbered, or be of precious metal and so hallmarked? Is the tip of the threaded post too modern/machined? The 20mm diameter spinner seems to have genuine wording but how does one tell, and would it be typical for this badge anyway? Does this example itself have any age in it and where did it come from?

I’ve seen the enamelled one referred to as the officers’ version. Was this distinction across all 1PAD units (specifically, for example, is there a non-enamelled version of the one most dearest to me, the 8th Rifle Battalion)?

Thank you for sharing your knowledge on these fascinating badges.

Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2
    Last edited by andyl; 08-06-2023 at 03:51 PM.

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your patience. This is a copy, so hopefully the purchase price was commensurate. Sorry, I am unable to help you with your questions about where, when or by whom the copy was made.

The first version of the 2nd Armoured Regiment badge was produced during wartime by Kirkwood & Son of Edinburgh, and only in non-enameled version for all ranks. So to answer your question about enameled vs unenameled badges, in some instances enameled badges were made explicitly for officers and in others all ranks wore the same unenameled badge.

The enameled version of the badge was produced early post war in Allied occupied Germany. Manufacture is attributed to Steinhauer. This version is a definite rarity, and I have only ever seen one. I am presently away from home base so will post an image of that badge later, which should hopefully answer some of your questions about the badge’s details.

Lastly, you asked if there is a non-enameled version of the 8th Rifle Battalion badge. Original badges were lacquered only, and this one version was issued to all ranks. There was no enameled version.

Hope that answers your questions. Stay tuned for the image of the rare enameled version of the 2nd Armoured Regiment badge.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Better late than never !. . .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Polish Regimental Badges WW2  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

And a contribution from an author, historian and expert on the 1st Polish Armoured Division, ZePole:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Hello Tony,
    Thank you for your word. I am blushing...
    The first picture in the just previous mesage is the breast enameled badge of Aleksander Leon Jarzemsbowski.
    The second was to Major Gutowski.
    Regards.
    ZP

Page 148 of 148 FirstFirst ... 48 98 138 144 145 146 147 148