Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 148 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

Exclamation Polish Regimental Badges WW2

All

I propose that we create a Digital Gallery of Polish Regimental Badges of WW2 to commemorate a contribution of Polish Forces to the Victory 45 and share the knowledge on the global basis about this fascinating and still largely open for systematic research subject.

Personally for me, collecting Polish Regimental Badges remains an incredibly rewarding hobby for a few reasons:
    • Undoubtedly, original badges are very difficult to find and it usually takes much patience and often global search is required to find genuine ones
    • Often a badge holds a story and of a particular person and is a testimony to personal suffering and sacrifice, (September Campaign, Soviet Gulags, Exile, French Campaign, North Africa, No Victory Parade etc)
    • Unique opportunity to meet Veterans and hear to and learn from their stories
    • International Collectors’ Community is growing both in term of numbers and sophistication of knowledge and preferences
    • Finally, Polish Regimental Badges remain a very sound investmento Polish Regimental Badges can only be counted in hundreds and a couple of thousands top – unlike insignias of other Armies
    o Members of Polish Free Forces stayed in England, emigrated to Australia, Canada, US, Argentina – therefore, there is no concentration of acquisition opportunities in any location after 65+ years
    o Regimental Veterans’ Associations are largely closed-down in London, NY, Toronto and Sidney
    o Polish people are often very sentimental and celebrate past therefore “opportunistic” acquisitions from families are very difficult even for big cash
    o Subject remain under-research so there are opportunities for pick up relative bargains

I am opening with 1 Krechowiecki Lancers Regiment of 2 Core.

Regiment with great traditions dating back to the Independence War.

Design reflects the Polish Symbols at its best.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Polish Regimental Badges WW2  
    Last edited by Gary J; 12-02-2010 at 09:12 PM.

Default Re: Polish Regimetal Badges WW2

12 - Podolski Lancers
    Please post your badges
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Panzer Regiments - General Service Badge

Made in Germany - 1 Polish Armoured Division

Please post your badges.
    Let's build this gallery together!

I am disappointed by no response!
    Subject is interesting and well worth the cause!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

?

1SBS ...

Parachute Badge

Field Parachute Badge

Gary J.

?

1SBS

Field Glider Badge

Hello wadowicznic,

For some reason I had missed this thread. Your introductory statement is very good. The regimental badge carries an extra special significance for the Polish soldier, and as you say, they are “a testimony to personal suffering and sacrifice, (September Campaign, Soviet Gulags, Exile, French Campaign, North Africa, No Victory Parade etc)”. And as you hinted, their relative scarcity has resulted in ever increasing demand and prices – all at a time that the militaria collecting hobby has seen a softening in the market due to the global economic recession.

I’m not sure if this is cool to state this here, but the Wehrmacht-Awards Forum has such a thread as you are attempting to start. Actually, it’s two separate threads, with one devoted to Polish Second Republic, and the other to the Polish Armed Forces in the West.

Personally, I’d like to see a dynamic new site devoted to all Polish militaria along the lines of this one and others. Gary Jucha provide a link to a re-enactors site that has the nucleus of good discussion forums, but it seems to be starved of participants. It’s geared more to re-enactors rather than collectors. The word needs to get out somehow.

Your 1st Lancers badge is a beauty. This has always been a personal favorite. Has the 2-part mounting survived intact, or been repaired? Most of the one I have seen (including mine) are repaired due to the weak construction. But apart from that, Picchiani & Barlacchi’s work was of superb quality.

Anyway, enough rambling – here’s another Italian made badges that is a design favorite: 4th Wolyn Infantry Brigade (made by F.M. Lorioli Fratelli – Milano); 45 x 35mm

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

25th Wielkopolskie Ulan Regiment (made by Picchiani & Barlacchi – Firenze) – 45 x 27mm

Here’s another “Znak Pancerny”, although of UK manufacture. There is some uncertainty as to which Edinburgh based firm produced these: Kirkwood & Son or Chisholm and Mackay. In the case of this one I am inclined to think the latter by virtue of the distinctive spinner. It is very possible that Kirkwood produced their own version as well.

And yet another Armoured Corps “Steel Fist”. There is a simmering debate over the issue of field-made badges. The reason, of course, is because crude fakes are often passed off as these “warsztatowki”. This particular badge one belonged to a veteran of the 2nd Motorized Armoured Regiment of the 1st Polish Armoured Division.

Thanks for posting these great badges guys!

Sadly I have none to add.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 148 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast