Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

RCAF 419 Squadron monument

Article about: Hi all At my local airport which during WW2 was used as an RAF airbase ( middleton st george Teeside UK) there is a memorial to a Andrew Mynarski of the RCAF thought would be interesting to

Default RCAF 419 Squadron monument

Hi all
    At my local airport which during WW2 was used as an RAF airbase ( middleton st george Teeside UK) there is a memorial to a Polish Canadian Pilot officer Andrew Mynarski of the RCAF thought would be interesting to share now as the area where it is situated may be developed so not sure what will happen to it.

RCAF 419 Squadron monumentRCAF 419 Squadron monumentRCAF 419 Squadron monumentRCAF 419 Squadron monumentRCAF 419 Squadron monument

Hello Anthony,

Many thanks for your post, I hope you do not mind me adding a few more photographs for everyone to view,

P/O. Andrew Charles Mynarski VC

P/O. Andrew Mynarski and his crew F/O. Pat Brophy (Tail End Charlie) is situated left of picture

P/O. Andrew Charles Mynarski VC Grave

The above Memorial Statue, shows Andrew Mynarski with fire axe in hand, unveiled in 2015 in Winnipeg.

Best wishes

Andrzej

thanks for adding the extra photos andrej, i,m just hoping this fine statue is not demolished and is moved to another area at the airport when they do the housing development.
    there is another small monument in the nearby town to a pilot mc mullen , another canadian bomber pilot that stayed with his damaged plane so that it didnt crash onto houses, he,s not polish canadian but just thought would mention as the RCAF were based at middleton st george , where mynarski flew.