Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remembrance-shermantank for Polish liberation replaced at Tielt!

Article about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYFfLCmsBLk In Tielt is the sherman that is placed for the liberation-remembrance, replaced on another location; in fact on the other side of the square. it h

Default Remembrance-shermantank for Polish liberation replaced at Tielt!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYFfLCmsBLk

In Tielt is the sherman that is placed for the liberation-remembrance, replaced on another location; in fact on the other side of the square.
    it had to take place, to build new infrastructure on the side where the tank stands previously.
    The official inauguration will take place on 11th November. I hope that the correct markings will be placed to that date;
    i see that the tank is refubrished with a new layer of paint (since my last visit);
    also is the new place historical correct, because on the new place- will the barrel from the sherman point to Ruiselede ('petit chambois' as named by Polish veterans), the way the black devils followed---> Tielt-Ruiselede. On his old place; he pointed the other side..

Apologize for the bad quality of the clip, but at this moment i do not find a better one..
    Kind regards, Pieter.

Hello Pieter,
    Do ou know if the tank will be painted again under 24th Lancres colours ?
    Best regards.
    ZP

Hello ZP;

On this moment i do not know. I suppose they will add the same markings as before. I will keep you informed about this .

Kind Regards,
    Pieter

A couple extra photographs . In an article i read that the remembrance wall also will be replaced at the tank. Like it was in his older setting before.

Firefly, note the 17 pounder!

Hello everyone;

Today i went to the memorial place in Tielt and made a couple extra photographs from the small site; pictures will be placed with this post.
    In the first place it was heart-warming to see, that i was not the only visitor to this monument- in first place because this is not yet official opened, and still is closed with hedges. This mean that it is long not forgotten and still remembered!

In my view it is a smaller place then before, but it is a nicer and better place where it is stands now. Previousely it was placed on the parking place; now it is more on its own, and placed on a higher spot and in the right direction, what the remembrance made more valuable and more respectfully.
    On this moment no markings where added, but it is still a week to the ceremony, so this possible will be added in the folow week. I try to get an answer to this from the city town hall..

I made also a couple pictures from the old spot, that is still there, but now is naked- you can see clear the old track traces where the sherman stands before.
    Pictures of the old total remembrance place can be found in my topic about the "sights in my region".

Enjoy
    Kind regards, Pieter.

Remembrance-shermantank for Polish liberation replaced at Tielt!Remembrance-shermantank for Polish liberation replaced at Tielt!Remembrance-shermantank for Polish liberation replaced at Tielt!Remembrance-shermantank for Polish liberation replaced at Tielt!Remembrance-shermantank for Polish liberation replaced at Tielt!Remembrance-shermantank for Polish liberation replaced at Tielt!Remembrance-shermantank for Polish liberation replaced at Tielt!Remembrance-shermantank for Polish liberation replaced at Tielt!

?

Hello Everyone
    In Poland Sherman M4A1/76 mm.The tank is good, riding. He participates in rallies, exhibitions, military picnics and historical reconstructions.In 2015 Ogrodniczki near Białystok-military picnics V Mission East.
    Best wishes
    Artur
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Remembrance-shermantank for Polish liberation replaced at Tielt!   Remembrance-shermantank for Polish liberation replaced at Tielt!  

Remembrance-shermantank for Polish liberation replaced at Tielt!   Remembrance-shermantank for Polish liberation replaced at Tielt!  

Remembrance-shermantank for Polish liberation replaced at Tielt!   Remembrance-shermantank for Polish liberation replaced at Tielt!  

?

Hello Everyone
    During historical reconstruction in action.
    Best wishes
    Artur
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Remembrance-shermantank for Polish liberation replaced at Tielt!   Remembrance-shermantank for Polish liberation replaced at Tielt!  

Final photographs of the sherman with markings who where added before the official ceremony; so respect that this was in time .
    I took the pictures short after the ceremony, but i am found now the possibility and time to place these (apologizes for this).
    Enjoy!

Remembrance-shermantank for Polish liberation replaced at Tielt!Remembrance-shermantank for Polish liberation replaced at Tielt!Remembrance-shermantank for Polish liberation replaced at Tielt!Remembrance-shermantank for Polish liberation replaced at Tielt!Remembrance-shermantank for Polish liberation replaced at Tielt!Remembrance-shermantank for Polish liberation replaced at Tielt!

Hello Pieter,

Many thanks for your post I hope you do not mind me rotating 2 of your Photographs for you

Best wishes

Andrzej

double click on the photographs to enlarge in a new window

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast