Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Rest In Peace Andrzejku Sankowski

Article about: With profound sadness I am bringing the news of moderator Andrzej Sankowski’s sudden passing on Chrismas Eve. “Andrzejku” was a dear friend who was admired and respected by many. A gen

Default Rest In Peace Andrzejku Sankowski

With profound sadness I am bringing the news of moderator Andrzej Sankowski’s sudden passing on Chrismas Eve. “Andrzejku” was a dear friend who was admired and respected by many. A gentle and generous man who selflessly devoted his spare time helping others in their search for information about the Polish Armed Forces during WW2. Many may not know, but Andrzej suffered with vision problems in recent years, which made his laborious and painstaking research that much more difficult. Yet he did this tirelessly and without complaining, even when receiving little to no appreciation from some that he helped.

It is particularly sad that Andrzej did not live to see the publication of the Monte Cassino Cross award list, which is a project he invested much time into before handing in his finished work to the PISM. Hopefully we will see this long awaited publication in the near future. It will surely serve as a lasting testament to Andrzej’s devotion to the promotion and preservation of the valiant history of the Polish Armed Forces during WW2.

Andrzej’s daughter Alicja provided the following additional details about her father:

My dad was born in Nottingham on the 21st September 1958. His father had come over after fighting in the Polish Home Army & Polish Army after WW2 and settled in Nottingham after meeting my grandma. My dad continued to live in Nottinghamshire for the rest of his life. Polish militaria and history were his passions for much of his life and it gave him such joy to help others discover their family past.

Andrzejku, rest in peace my friend. You will be dearly missed. We all extend our deepest condolences to Alicja along with the rest of Andrzej’s family and friends.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rest In Peace Andrzejku Sankowski  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

He looks like a nice man. May he rest in peace.

Really sad news, my condolences go out to his family.

Kind regards,

Will.

Thank you Tony for bringing this forward.
    I have been in contact with Alicja, and have forwarded this information to Ade.
    My condolences to her, and all of her family and friends.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

What sad news. Its a big lost. The "Polish" section of the forum loses a great member.
    My sincere condolences to his family.

Santi

My sincere condolences
    Regards
    Paul

Condolences and prayers to all his family and friends.
    John

Indeed very sad news RIP Sir
    Ben

So sorry to hear the news. Thoughts and Prayers.

MAP
    ?

Horrible news. Very sad to hear.

I have added Andrzej to our In Memorium thread

In Memorium - Roll of Honor
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast