Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SBS Badge probably fake but need a second opinion

Article about: Dear Fellows, Recently acquired this SBS badge. I think its a fake but would welcome second opinions from our experts. There was no spinner for this badge. Thanking you in advance.

Default SBS Badge probably fake but need a second opinion

Dear Fellows,

Recently acquired this SBS badge. I think its a fake but would welcome second opinions from our experts. There was no spinner for this badge. Thanking you in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SBS Badge probably fake but need a second opinion   SBS Badge probably fake but need a second opinion  

SBS Badge probably fake but need a second opinion   SBS Badge probably fake but need a second opinion  

Hello delimata,

Many thanks for your post, I will have to leave its authenticity up to one of the other Forum Members whose field of collecting this piece is.

What I can tell you is the Recipient of the Badge was Strz. Stanisław Starczewski 1SBS.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello
    It's a genuin badge made by Kirkwood and Son but proper spinner should be made in yellow metal and marked Gr. Techn. London (Grupa Techniczna).
    A bit worn down badge.

The photos are poor quality but the basic material should be a copper.
    Rafal

?

a nice one.

Default SBS Para badge

Further to Rafal's post I have tried to get a close up of a worn piece of the badge where you can see the copper just peaking out from the silver plating on the badge. Not sure if the photo's show it clearly.

Delimata
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SBS Badge probably fake but need a second opinion   SBS Badge probably fake but need a second opinion  

Delimata,
    Could you make a close up of the number and TOBE OJCZYZNO motto?

Default SBS 1 Para badge

Further to your post please see close photographs of number and " tobie ojczyzno"

Yes, everything is OK

Default 1 SBS Badge

Thank you to our experts for advising me on the badge. I bought it in a job lot of polish eagle badges and gorgets and thought it was a fake. So it's a nice surprise to find that its original.

Best wishes Delimata