Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Straight feathered Polish Hat Eagles?

Article about: Merry Christmas to you all! I'm new to this forum but I've been collecting and researching wartime and post-war RAF visor caps for some time now. Recently, my attention turned to the Polish

Default Straight feathered Polish Hat Eagles?

Merry Christmas to you all!

I'm new to this forum but I've been collecting and researching wartime and post-war RAF visor caps for some time now. Recently, my attention turned to the Polish Air Force in Exile caps only to be taunted with various fakes offered for sale. However, the most interesting example I have come across that really baffles me is the straight feathered variety. There are blatantly fake/modern repro straight feathered badges but I have seen a few that really made me believe that they were real. I was wondering what the experts on this forum thought of them. The only "verified" eagles I've come across all had the crisscrossed feathers. (By verified I mean, the badges came with provenance.)

My question is are these straight feathered badges genuine? If so, do you have any photographic proof of any Polish airmen wearing these straight feathered badge caps?

A convincing example of the "straight feather" variety. I'm still not 100% certain if these ones are genuine. The below was offered for sale but I refused after learning that collecting PAF militaria requires a lot of scepticism. It didn't help when the seller tried to sell me a put-together Polish fighter pilot tunic while presenting it as a grouping. Quick research showed that the chap was a technical officer...

Hello The Sprog,

May I be the first to welcome you to the Forum, although, uniforms are not my forte, I have found a couple of Badges from the internet for you to compare :

Hopefully one of the other Forum members with more knowledge than I, will be able to advise you.

Once again welcome to the Forum.

Seasons greetings

Andrzej

Andrzej,

Many thanks for the photos!

I've come to the conclusion that the one offered for sale at Sarmatia's is actually a modern reproduction. Embroidery looks really simplified and the backing looks too clean. I'm still open to hear from others!

With best wishes,