Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Strz Henryk Dornia

Article about: Good day folks I came across this interesting group the other day. I have not been able to work out the unit. The 2 armoured Div badge appears to have been field made. Not seen one like that

Question Strz Henryk Dornia

Good day folks

I came across this interesting group the other day. I have not been able to work out the unit.

The 2 armoured Div badge appears to have been field made. Not seen one like that before. The beret badges are black and small. Also several pictures of German soldiers so he may have been a German POW who was able to join 2 Korpus.

Picture of General Anders with a senior British officer.

Any help or thoughts most appreciated.

Many thanks

JamesStrz Henryk DorniaStrz Henryk DorniaStrz Henryk DorniaStrz Henryk DorniaStrz Henryk Dornia
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Strz Henryk Dornia   Strz Henryk Dornia  

Strz Henryk Dornia   Strz Henryk Dornia  

Attached Images Attached Images Strz Henryk Dornia 

?

Maybe Dornia served in the WH and later escaped to 2 KP.
    Check in pay book.

Quote by Tomek View Post
    Maybe Dornia served in the WH and later escaped to 2 KP.
    Check in pay book.
    In the AB64 part 2 is gives his date of attestation as 27 May 1945. I can't see anything else that refers to previous service but the handwriting is difficult to read.

The British general with General Anders looks to old to be Gen Leese. I wonder who it is? Some interesting uniforms in the picture. Is this a standard press photo?

Many thanks

James
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Strz Henryk Dornia  

the arm of service strip underneath the armoured flash indicates Army Service Corps. the British general ? looks for all the world like FM Jan Smuts.

Hello James,

Many thanks for your post, I hope you do not mind me numbering it so as to identify the officers in the photograph :

Strz Henryk Dornia

1) General Rakowski

2) General Morgan

3) Unknown Italian General

4) Plk Franciszek Skibinski

5) General Anders

6) General Bohusz Szyszko

7) Brigadier Frith

8) Unknown Italian General, whose photograph is in Guido Rosignoli's book on Allied Armies in the Italian Campaign.

I hope that this helps you James

Best wishes

Andrzej

Quote by prosty zolnierz View Post
    the arm of service strip underneath the armoured flash indicates Army Service Corps. the British general ? looks for all the world like FM Jan Smuts.
    the flash is definitely ASC , the general............................oh well !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Strz Henryk Dornia