Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ulani Karpaccy

Article about: nice set to a Lancer. thanks to Andrzejku for ID.

Default Ulani Karpaccy

nice set to a Lancer. thanks to Andrzejku for ID.Ulani KarpaccyUlani KarpaccyUlani KarpaccyUlani KarpaccyUlani Karpaccy

?

Good looking badges.

Wow, very nice set

as can be discerned from the pic , the 2nd Armoured is an aluminium casting. rough compared to the official issue. it crosses ones mind why go to the trouble of manufacturing a homebrew badge when it could be assumed that the issue one was in plentiful supply.

Beautiful group and rare to see....

Quote by prosty zolnierz View Post
    as can be discerned from the pic , the 2nd Armoured is an aluminium casting. rough compared to the official issue. it crosses ones mind why go to the trouble of manufacturing a homebrew badge when it could be assumed that the issue one was in plentiful supply.
    It's a good question. The Poles of the 2nd Corps were adept at creating whatever was required for uniform adornment, and as many of the "official" badges needed to be purchased by those who were awarded them (the award document was the freebie) this created a market for less costly knock offs. Here's such an example:

(click on the pictures to enlarge)
    Ulani Karpaccy

Ulani Karpaccy

Ulani Karpaccy

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

it would appear that the fellow responsible for fabricating the back plate on this example had a tad more time on his hands ! a fact I was not aware of was that soldiers had to buy their badges.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ulani Karpaccy  

P.Z., judging from the identical threaded posts used along with other details these badges appear to be from the same producer. The backing plates are something that may have been added afterwards by the soldiers.

It would be great to see more detailed pictures of the uniform set such as the inside of the BD, beret showing the ‘drawtapes’ at the rear, and the Carpathian Lancers badge.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ulani Karpaccy   Ulani Karpaccy  

Ulani Karpaccy  

Mr P.Z., thanks for the added pics. I'm liking everything I see, including the beret's distinctive red piping and drawstring tapes left loose to "flap in the breeze". Super set. By chance is the name of the original owner known?

Cheers,
    Tony

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast