Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

unknown Polish badges?

Article about: I came across this set of badges. Apparently they all came from one individual, and is that possible? I have no thorough knowledge or research books on the topic of PSNZ badges and I have no

?

Default unknown Polish badges?

I came across this set of badges. Apparently they all came from one individual, and is that possible? I have no thorough knowledge or research books on the topic of PSNZ badges and I have no idea of what most of them represent. I find the dragons interesting, are they collar badges? What regiment did this individual belong to? There is also an interesting pre war plaque that came with this set. Is this all naval related? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture unknown Polish badges?   unknown Polish badges?  

unknown Polish badges?   unknown Polish badges?  

unknown Polish badges?   unknown Polish badges?  

Default Re: unknown Polish badges?

Hi Hubal,

It is possible that all of the belonged to a single individual. I don’t know too much about the metal plaque (other than you are correct that it has a naval connection) - but the rest belong to a soldier in the Polish 2nd Warsaw Armoured Division, 16th Pomorski Infantry Brigade, HQ / 65th Battalion, the latter being my father’s unit. See below for the identification of each insignia. The small 'Pomorski' shield badges were worn on the beret. The 2nd Warsaw Armoured Division “ramie pancerne” along with the 2nd Corps syrena on the left arm, and the British 8th Army shield on the right.

Very nice set, and thank you for sharing!

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture unknown Polish badges?  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne