Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

US mine detector set SCR-625-C in use by Polish engineers?

Article about: Could somebody help me out with this question? Did Polish engineers use the US mine detector set SCR-625-C? I look for photographs of the possible use in the West. Thanks in advance Kind reg

Default US mine detector set SCR-625-C in use by Polish engineers?

Could somebody help me out with this question?

Did Polish engineers use the US mine detector set SCR-625-C? I look for photographs of the possible use in the West.

Thanks in advance
    Kind regards,
    Pieter.

Hello Pieter,

Many thanks for your post, the only one that allied troops used that I know off is :

The Mine detector (Polish) Mark I (Polish: wykrywacz min) was a metal detector for landmines developed during World War II. Initial work on the design had started in Poland but after the invasion of Poland by the Germans in 1939, and then the Fall of France in mid-1940, it was not until the winter of 1941–1942 that work was completed by Polish Porucznik (Lieutenant) Józef Stanisław Kosacki.

Plenty of information about him on the internet.

They may have used the US detector, but they would have been issued with the Mark I, hopefully someone with more knowledge on this subject will post their thoughts on this post.

Best wishes Pieter

Andrzej

I would have thought that they would have used the British detector in most cases.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Don’t know if this helps. It looks as if the Polish invented the portable metal detector and gave the patent to the British. As Ade says, I would have thought that they used the British detector (of Polish design)

Joseph Kosacki – creator of the first practical metal detector | Regton Metal Detectors

Thank you very much for the responses gentlemen !

I also think in first instance they used the British version.

But it does not seem impossible to me that they used this American variant, if we think, for example, of the American tank material that they also used.
    This is of course only guesswork if there is no photographic evidence of it...

Kind regards, Pieter.