MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Valour Cross and Monte Cassino Cross group

Article about: Gentlemen I have just acquired this group that belonged to a Bronislaw Golas. This all comes together from his niece so I am assuming that the flashes, 2 Korpus and medals are correct but ho

Default Re: Valour Cross and Monte Cassino Cross group

Tony, many thanks for the information. I had never seen the other insignia before nor have I seen the wound bar. I was aware that Odznaki was a certification of wounding but I had not seen the ribbon bar in my Dad's stuff. I also suspected that the Cross of Valour was placed backside up. Thanks for confirming this. I will take the display down to Gatineau where I had it done to correct these mistakes.

Hi all
    I'm still attempting to locate my typed thesis on Katyn. I have found my handwritten draft but it is yellowed with age, much like myself. I shall keep looking for it.

LBKarniewicz
    ?

Hi all, can anyone shed any light on a man named Albert Bernard Karniewicz, I believe he was awarded a Monte Cassino Cross and I am trying to find out any information on it's serial number etc?

Hello L B Karniewicz,

May I be the first to welcome you to the forum, would I be right in thinking that Albert was born in 1921 and died in 1995 in Devon, the only Albert Karniewicz that I could find listed who was born in 1921 was as follows:

Surname: KARNIEWICZ

Christian Name: Albert

Date of Birth: 1921

Army Number also found on his ID Tags (worn aroung the neck): 1921/274/III

Was awarded the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered: 28488

The Unit Albert was in was the z 6 Kompanii Warsztatowej, 5 Kresowa Dywizja Piechoty , 2 Polski Korpusu (translation: 6th Workshop Company, 5th Frontier Infantry Division, 2nd Polish Corps).

I hope that the above information is of some use and help, a veritable needle in a Haystack.

Best wishes

Andrzejku

LBKarniewicz
    ?

Andrzejku, thank you very much for your help, indeed this is him. You have found the needle in the haystack!

Regards

Lewis.

Hello Lewis,

Welcome to the forum. Happy to see that Andrzejku was able to fill in some blanks for you. I’ll take a wild guess that you might be related to Albert Karniewicz. Please feel free to tell us more about this veteran.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Default Monte Cassino Cross 17 345

Hi Guys,
    These finally arrived...Very excited.
    What do you think, this is the information I have on the cross:
    17345 awarded to strz/Rifleman Feliks Niocko, Born 1910, service number 1910/ 54/III. 15 Wilenski Strzelcow Batalion 'Wilkow'. 5 Wilenska Piechoty Brygada.

Any comments much appreciated.
    Thanks again to A.J. on helping out prior to purchasing these.
    Michal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Valour Cross and Monte Cassino Cross group   Valour Cross and Monte Cassino Cross group  

Valour Cross and Monte Cassino Cross group   Valour Cross and Monte Cassino Cross group  

hello!
    my father Zdzislaw Mularski ,90 years old and he was awarded with the monte cassino cross 32354, maybe somebody has it......

Hello Amularski,

May I first welcome you to the forum, your father is Zdzislaw Mularski born in 1923 Army Number (also found on his ID Tags: 1923-146-III) was a Plutowny.pch (Lance Sergeant, Officer Cadet) served on the Artillery Staff , za Sztabu Zwalczania Artylerii ( he was one of only 51 awarded the Monte Cassino Cross Nr 32354).

Photograph below cross looks to be in top right, click on photograph to enlarge

The cross was owned by Member BDinExile, it would be worth while contacting him

Best wishes

Andrzejku

Quote by Amularski View Post
    hello!
    my father Zdzislaw Mularski ,90 years old and he was awarded with the monte cassino cross 32354, maybe somebody has it......
    Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    . . . Photograph below cross looks to be in top right, click on photograph to enlarge

The cross was owned by Member BDinExile, it would be worth while contacting him
    Sharp eye Andrzejku!

Well, if we’ve found another cross amongst the collector’s of members here then lighting has struck twice in the past couple of days. See post #135 here:

Monte Cassino cross

Once again. hope that we see a reunion of these items.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast