Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Want some help identifying polish medals

Article about: I was recently in Poland where i bought these medals at an antique store. Front of medal 1 Back of medal 1 Front of medal 2 Back of medal 2 Front of medal 3 Back of medal 3 Cheers!

?

Default Want some help identifying polish medals

I was recently in Poland where i bought these medals at an antique store.

Front of medal 1

Back of medal 1

Front of medal 2

Back of medal 2

Front of medal 3

Back of medal 3

Cheers!

Default Re: Want some help identifying polish medals

First one is Ober, Niesse & Baltic Medal -- Instituted in 1945 for military and civilian personnel who fought the retreating German army near the Polish border.

Second one is the Warsaw Medal 1939 - 1945 -- Awarded to military & civilian personnel active in the defense of Warsaw in 1939 & subsequent occupation.

Third is the Partisan's Cross -- instituted in 1945, awarded to Polish partisans and members of the underground.

Tom

?

Thank you very much StuG! It is just so nice to be able to finally see what these medals are given for! Do you know if they are common or rare? Do they look real or fake? The man i bought them from seemed very serious but hes English was weak.

Not my area of collecting at all Monuir, but wait for some of the more knowledgeable members to reply. Meantime you can do a Google search for Polish medals and compare yours to the ones displayed.
    Good luck with your quest.
    Tom

?

They look fine...but they are not worth a lot....I think there is partisan medal up for sale on ebay for some $35
    upper end of what its worth...the others would be similar.....