Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

what do i have and any info please

Article about: Also if anybody needs help regarding British regiments I'm a full member on ancestry and have nearly every medal roll going I mostly collect victorian medals to the 38th foot and Leicester r

?

Default Re: what do i have and any info please

Also if anybody needs help regarding British regiments I'm a full member on ancestry and have nearly every medal roll going I mostly collect victorian medals to the 38th foot and Leicester regiment

The medal with the maroon/blue ribbon is American as Burt says: US Marine Corps Good Conduct Medal.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hello Ckckck and welcome aboard,

Chiming in late from my post here way out in a far western time zone. Here’s a brief ID of the various Polish components:
    • 2nd Artillery Group Badge
    • Monte Cassino cross, correctly numbered for the 2nd Artillery Group
    • Cross of Valour (Palestine manufacture, 2nd type late war production)
    • Metal uniform insignia correctly identified by Ade, with the Warsaw mermaid being the insignia of the Polish 2nd Corps (Italian made marked Boeri, Roma)
    • Polish Army Medal for War 1939-45, the “Polska Swemu Pbroncy” translates to “Poland to Her Defender”

You mentioned that the 2nd Artillery Group badge is marked twice on the reverse with 900. It should only be marked once, with .800 on the lower cross arm of the reverse if memory serves. Any chance at a picture of the reverse?

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

It is correct that the 2nd artillery badges are marked on the reverse twice with the 800 silver stamp

?

All items are still for sale except the red metal badge with the mermaid thats been sold to another forum member I've just looked on the back of the red badge and its stamped with a makers mark i cant quite make it out but its something like roereruma as said before every single item offered for sale is 100% genuine and original manythanks Jamie

Hi Jamie,

The manufacturer is Boeri Roma (Boeri, Rome), I also thought that you might like to know something about the recipient of the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered: 34619.

Monte Cassino Cross Numbered 34619 was awarded to:

Surname: KOLOSOWSKI

Christian Name: Teodor

Fathers Name: Tadeusz Kolosowski

Date of Birth: 1923

Army Number also found on his ID Tags: 1923/318/III

Unit: z 11 Pulku Artylerii Ciezkiej, Grupy Artylerii (11th Medium Artillery Regiment, 2nd Group Artillery, 2nd Polish Corps).

Tadeusz was deported on the 23rd March 1940 and released on the 1st September 1941.

After the War he settled in the UK and in 1951 married Anna Krawiecka, their marriage was registered in Market Harborough in Leicestershire Anna died in 2009, but I could not find Teodor's death listed.

I sincerely hope that the above information is of some use and help.

Best wishes

Andrew

?

Well I live in Leicester and this group came straight from the family manythanks for your help

?

Polish Army War medal.

Army Medal for War 1939-45 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gary J.

Quote by Ckckck View Post
    The medal next to the maroon and blue stripe medal. is a polish medal its not American on the reverse is says polska swemu obroncy and on the front and eagle? Standing on a sword

Quote by dorava View Post
    It is correct that the 2nd artillery badges are marked on the reverse twice with the 800 silver stamp
    Do you have an example you can share with us?

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Ok just to let forum members know I want to sell this whole group together the only item that's been sold is the red badge with mermaid I've had quite a few inquiry's if I get a fair offer I will sell otherwise there of to fleabay manythanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast