Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 ticker tape announcing the invasion of Poland

Article about: Just thought would share with the forum,Picked this up at an auction,A pre WW2 ticker tape announcing the invasion of Poland by Germany and thereby initiating the outbreak of WW2. thought be

Default WW2 ticker tape announcing the invasion of Poland

Just thought would share with the forum,Picked this up at an auction,A pre WW2 ticker tape announcing the invasion of Poland by Germany and thereby initiating the outbreak of WW2. thought being a very unusual item there would of been lots at the time but i would think very few still in existence
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 ticker tape announcing the invasion of Poland   WW2 ticker tape announcing the invasion of Poland  

WW2 ticker tape announcing the invasion of Poland  

Hello,
    Interesting item.
    Congratulations.
    ZP

this is the full transcript .
    PROCLAMATION.HERR HITLER ACCORDING TO BERLIN WIRELESS STATION THIS MORNING ADDRESSSED THE FOLLOWING PROCLAMATION TO THE GERMAN ARMY.THE POLISH STATE REFUSED THE FRIENDLY OFFER ADDRESSED TO THEM AND APPEALED TO FORCE OF ARMS INSTEAD.GERMANS IN POLAND ARE BRUTALLY PERSECUTED. FRONTIER INCIDENT PROVE POLES ARE NOT WILLING TO RESPECT FRONTIER OF REICH.IN ORDER TO END INTOLERABLE MADNESS I AM LEFT WITH NO OTHER CHOICE THAN TO ANSWER FORCE WITH FORCE.PROCLOMATION OF FUEHRER MADE AS SUPREME COMMANDER OF GERMAN REICHSWEHR.I KNOW GERMAN SOLDIERS WILL FIGHT FOR HONOUR AND VITAL RIGHTS OF GERMAN PEOPLE WITH FIRM DETERMINATION. I EXPECT EVERY SOLDIER WILL DO HIS DUTYCONSCIUOS OF GREAT TRADITIONS OF GERMAN ARMY FOR OUR PEOPLE AND OUR REICH. ADOLF HITLER. IT WAS ANNOUNCED ON GERMAN RADIO THIS MORNING THAT HERR FEOSTER HEAD OF DANZIG STATE ADDRESSED PROCLOMATION TO POPULATION OF DANZIG. THE HOUR FOR WHICH WE HAVE LONGED FOR 20 YEARS HAS COME. TODAY DANZIG HAS RETURNED TO GREATER GERMAN REICH. THE FEURHRER HAS LIBERATED US. LONG LIVE A FREE DANZIG NOW RETURNED HOME AND LONG LIVE OUR GREAT FATHERLAND. EX.CO. GERMAN WIRELESS ANNOUNCES GERMAN REICHSTAG WILL MEET TODAY AT 10 O CLOCK TO HEAR GOVERNMENT STATEMENT. PROCEEDINGS WILL BE BROADCAST BY ALL GERMAN STATIONS.!!