Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Wz.36 Original Polish St. Sierż. (Starszy Sierżant) greatcoat with clear red pre-war dated ink stampings

Article about: Hello, I bought the Wz.36 St. Sierż. (Starszy Sierżant) greatcoat for 1393 GBP, 2331 USD, 7045 zł in May 2013. I am sadly thinking of selling my original Wz.36 St. Sierż.

Default Wz.36 Original Polish St. Sierż. (Starszy Sierżant) greatcoat with clear red pre-war dated ink stampings

Hello,

I bought the Wz.36 St. Sierż. (Starszy Sierżant) greatcoat for 1393 GBP, 2331 USD, 7045 zł in May 2013.

I am sadly thinking of selling my original Wz.36 St. Sierż. (Starszy Sierżant) greatcoat to fund my future prewar Polish militaria purchases, out of necessity, unfortunately I cannot say anymore about when the rank insignia was sewn on, could it be 100% original prewar rank tape that has been wrapped up for years to prevent discolouration, then added postwar, or a reproduction, please ?

Apart from this I can guarantee the greatcoat is 100% prewar with a few small holes and rubbing to the wool, the biggest below the collar on the back and one on the bottom of one of the front sides, these are not very noticeable overall.
    It also looks much better than the photos, with clear mustard colour wool on the outside.
    It also, I think, has some of the soldiers blood from wounds sustained in the September Campaign or earlier, round the collar and shoulders area on the lining.
    It has clear prewar factory markings stamped in Red ink on the lining "P.Z.U Poznan, X.38 (made in October 1938), Wojsk 1A. R.78 in a box and a round M.S. Wojsk Int. 14 stamp.

I think that the greatcoat most likely belonged to a soldier serving with Armia Poznan (Poznan Army group), as it was made in the Polish armed forces factory in Poznan.

The tragic fact is not many survive in reasonable condition to this day, because of Katyn, original officers and even NCO's greatcoats are extremely rare outside museums or in long standing collections, even those issued to privates are rare because so many were badly damaged in the September Campaign, some badly damaged or worn out, or used to patch tunics, made into caps, made into blankets in POW camps, some worn becoming badly damaged and worn out by soldiers after the war for gardening and general wear, some destroyed in the postwar years by the unelected communist authorities, some badly damaged by moths, mice and rats and thrown in the bin in the postwar years.

Would a collector be interested in buying it , for the price I bought it for, or to make me a reasonable offer of at least 1000 GBP, 1673 USD or 5056 zł, plus postage, please ?

I would prefer payment by PayPal in GBP, if possible.

I will provide my PayPal address to the collector whose price plus postage, I can agree to.

I can also take a bank transfer payment, if necessary.

If you have another payment method, please tell me, so I can tell you if I can accept it.

I provide a guarantee of a full refund, if my description is wrong.

Please send me a PM (Private Message) or a post on this thread, as soon as possible, if you are interested, so I can seriously consider your offer.

Please let me know if you need more details or photos, I will add the sizes soon, it is tall (fits about a 5, 9, my size) and is at least a 44 Inch chest.

Thank you very much.

Justin

justin1939
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wz.36 Original Polish St. Sierż. (Starszy Sierżant)  greatcoat with clear red pre-war dated ink stampings   Wz.36 Original Polish St. Sierż. (Starszy Sierżant)  greatcoat with clear red pre-war dated ink stampings  

Wz.36 Original Polish St. Sierż. (Starszy Sierżant)  greatcoat with clear red pre-war dated ink stampings   Wz.36 Original Polish St. Sierż. (Starszy Sierżant)  greatcoat with clear red pre-war dated ink stampings  

Wz.36 Original Polish St. Sierż. (Starszy Sierżant)  greatcoat with clear red pre-war dated ink stampings   Wz.36 Original Polish St. Sierż. (Starszy Sierżant)  greatcoat with clear red pre-war dated ink stampings  

Wz.36 Original Polish St. Sierż. (Starszy Sierżant)  greatcoat with clear red pre-war dated ink stampings  
    Attached Images Attached Images Wz.36 Original Polish St. Sierż. (Starszy Sierżant)  greatcoat with clear red pre-war dated ink stampings 
    Last edited by justin1939; 04-09-2014 at 11:58 AM.

The Wz.36 greatcoat has been sold.

Thank you very much for your interest.

justin1939