Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Another piece of history from Warsaw Uprising- Battalion Parasol

Article about: I'm not sure should I post a new topic, but decided to do it. A few months ago on Allegro appeared military box. Honestly I do not even know what was its assigment. The most imported was tha

Default Another piece of history from Warsaw Uprising- Battalion Parasol

I'm not sure should I post a new topic, but decided to do it. A few months ago on Allegro appeared military box. Honestly I do not even know what was its assigment. The most imported was that on the surface was painted the name Z. Swieszcz and the word sister. It turned out that the case belonged to Mrs Zofia Swieszcz-Lazor nickname: Zojda from Parasol unit. After liberation from German camp, she served as military nurse in UK and finally returned to Warsaw. It was the the time when suitcase purchasing for Polish vet was unreachable because of the price but...in whole Europe there were thousands of military boxes of used war items. She packed her small belongings to such case and returned to Poland. After close to 70 years the box was found somwhere in Poland. Mrs Zofia is still living in Warsaw and when guys who bought it on allegro brought and showed her this case she recognized her property and told the story.
    I have found it on facebook page ( https://www.facebook.com/LegiaPamiet...41172622653663 ).
    Also found the bid on allegro:
    [url=http://archiwum.allegro.pl/oferta/duza-wojskowa-metalowa-skrzynka-na-granatnik-piat-i6064631421.html[/url]

Hello taksometr, interesting story, thanks for sharing. For the record, here are the photos of the PIAT ammo box that Mrs Zofia Swieszcz-Lazor used to store her property.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another piece of history from Warsaw Uprising- Battalion Parasol   Another piece of history from Warsaw Uprising- Battalion Parasol  

Another piece of history from Warsaw Uprising- Battalion Parasol   Another piece of history from Warsaw Uprising- Battalion Parasol  

Another piece of history from Warsaw Uprising- Battalion Parasol  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Wow, cool story!

I have found another interesting story on this same FB profile. In this case it refers to Jan Kolasa, nickname "Powicher" who was the deputy commander in Jozef Kuras "Ogien" partisan unit called Blyskawica (Lightning). The guys have found dog tags in battlefield from 1939. Most of them were burned and buried by soldiers before going to German captivity. One of the surviving had stamped name Jan Kolasa, the year of birth: 1916 and Nowy Targ as a place of soldier moblization. They have checked interview with Jan Kolasa in newspapper from the early 90. and it's turned out that he served in 21 Pulk Artylerii Lekkiej (21th Light Artillery Regiment from Bielsko) during the war in 1939 and his stories were covered with the history and combat trail of this regiment. According this interview he ended his combat in 1939 in the area where the dog tags were discovered. Also 1916 is a year of his birth and Nowy Targ corresponds with his place of birth. It seems that these guys in first found property and then the owner. Some pics copied from this FB and the last one from internet - second from right Jan Kolasa "Powicher" with his comrades in arms from Blyskawica partisan unit.

Another piece of history from Warsaw Uprising- Battalion ParasolAnother piece of history from Warsaw Uprising- Battalion ParasolAnother piece of history from Warsaw Uprising- Battalion ParasolAnother piece of history from Warsaw Uprising- Battalion ParasolAnother piece of history from Warsaw Uprising- Battalion Parasol

?

Very interesting and moving story linking history to present times!
    Thank you for sharing!