Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

This man was liberated from a Concentration Camp in Germany and through the IRO brought him to a new home in Hartford Connecticut. He had 3 trunks this was the biggest, most well made

Article about: This has tag and was best crate

Default This man was liberated from a Concentration Camp in Germany and through the IRO brought him to a new home in Hartford Connecticut. He had 3 trunks this was the biggest, most well made

This man was liberated from a Concentration Camp in Germany and through the IRO brought him to a new home in Hartford Connecticut. He had 3 trunks this was the biggest, most well madeThis man was liberated from a Concentration Camp in Germany and through the IRO brought him to a new home in Hartford Connecticut. He had 3 trunks this was the biggest, most well madeThis man was liberated from a Concentration Camp in Germany and through the IRO brought him to a new home in Hartford Connecticut. He had 3 trunks this was the biggest, most well made
    This has tag and was best crate

?

Very Cool Old Trunks!
    IRO??
    Any info on that one Garandy?

Are they empty, or and goodies inside?

Semper Fi
    Phil

Default Iro

This man was liberated from a Concentration Camp in Germany and through the IRO brought him to a new home in Hartford Connecticut. He had 3 trunks this was the biggest, most well made

?

Thank You Garandy for the info!!
    Do you happen to know what Camp he was in?
    Semper Fi
    Phil

I got one of the trunks from a young lawyer in Hartford who found them in his attic after he bought the house the man raised his family in, since he and his wife died the son moved out leaving no address, the lawyer never knew the trunks were there so he never asked

Nice trunk, the grips on the sides look older then the ones on trunks that where made in that time i think. It could be that these where older trunks that they reused? Do you have pictures of the lock on the front?
    I´ve seen grips like this on old german marriage chests from the 1900´s.

I’ll get a picture of the lock tomorrow, yes probably made earlier and reused, my thoughts too

More than likely anyone liberated from a Camp would not have anything, except the clothes on their back. And a piece of paper saying there were camp inmates.
    This man did not have to be in a Camp, he could have been Forced laborer.
    Hundreds of thousands of Polish Citizens were forced laborers, and many of these chose to immigrate from Poland.

Default Lock on trunk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast