Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Warsaw uprising Iron cross

Article about: by Thanatos IMO the most stunning insignia I have ever seen. A work of art for sure. I totally agree... well I would say that wouldn't I

?

Default Warsaw uprising Iron cross

Im pretty sure this is a repro, but as I had never seen one, i grabbed it for a good price......

From what I have researched, these awards were captured Iron crosses, modified with the adition of the coin and given for killing a SS man
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Warsaw uprising Iron cross   Warsaw uprising Iron cross  

Warsaw uprising Iron cross   Warsaw uprising Iron cross  

?

Default Re: Warsaw uprising Iron cross

That is not an original Eisernes Kreuz. I have a feeling something like this was discussed once before and it was a fantasy award.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

I have seen period photos of this bring warn by a group of Warsaw uprising defenders....will try to find it

?

Just read the discussion, can't find the photo, but I have a copy in storage......I bought this as a repro of a theatre made award......it interested me, I liked the look of it and it displays well.....

?

I can't tell you for sure whether or not this particular 'award' was made or issued/awarded during the war as I simply don't know. However I am definitely sure this decoration is a repro based upon the fake and crudely cast one piece EK2.
    Hopefully some of the other guys can shed light on the history behind it (or not as the case may be!).

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Seems to initiate a fair bi of debate.....for all I know it could b just a souvenir of a museum somewhere.....wish I had access to that photo...4 men standing on rubble, in German hlmets wearing the award.....but then again it could just be a bunch of reenactors!!!!

Either way I like it

Quote by AMTG View Post
    ....wish I had access to that photo...4 men standing on rubble, in German helmets wearing the award...
    So do I
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Adrian is right, they have been discussed here. I would not spend my money on one.

The Cross of the Warsaw Uprising (Krzyż Powstania Warszawskiego)

?

Each to his own

Sorry about butting in but I just had to comment on what a beautiful thing 4thskorpion's avatar is.
    Your 4th ‘Skorpion’ Armoured Regiment breast badge is IMO the most stunning insignia I have ever seen.A work of art for sure.
    Congratulations for owning such a fine object.
    Magnificant.
    Last edited by Thanatos; 02-06-2012 at 11:42 AM. Reason: text

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast