Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Ealy Wiedman SchuPo Buckle Compared With Two-Piece SchuPo Buckle (Assman?)

Article about: Hi, all. Just wanted to know your thoughts on this new SchuPo buckle I was shown and how it compares to the one I have now. I recognized that it was by Wiedmann, but in referencing the threa

Question Ealy Wiedman SchuPo Buckle Compared With Two-Piece SchuPo Buckle (Assman?)

Hi, all. Just wanted to know your thoughts on this new SchuPo buckle I was shown and how it compares to the one I have now. I recognized that it was by Wiedmann, but in referencing the thread by agv44, I now know this is an "early" buckle. Forgive me as I don't yet have good reference materials, but is this Wiedmann buckle earlier or later than the two-piece one I hold? It's being sold for $85 USD, which I think is probably fair, although more than I paid for my two-piece.
    I posted my current SchuPo buckle here before and Ben commented that it might be by Assmann, however I have not been able to determine this. I am also curious who made more of these, Assmann or Wiedmann, or if one type is more desirable.

Thanks for any and all info and information!
    Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ealy Wiedman SchuPo Buckle Compared With Two-Piece SchuPo Buckle (Assman?)   Ealy Wiedman SchuPo Buckle Compared With Two-Piece SchuPo Buckle (Assman?)  

Ealy Wiedman SchuPo Buckle Compared With Two-Piece SchuPo Buckle (Assman?)  
    Attached Images Attached Images Ealy Wiedman SchuPo Buckle Compared With Two-Piece SchuPo Buckle (Assman?)  Ealy Wiedman SchuPo Buckle Compared With Two-Piece SchuPo Buckle (Assman?) 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ealy Wiedman SchuPo Buckle Compared With Two-Piece SchuPo Buckle (Assman?)
    P
    Many

Default Re: Ealy Wiedman SchuPo Buckle Compared With Two-Piece SchuPo Buckle (Assman?)

Hi Adam, quite a hard question to answer really, from the look of the two piece I would say it is probably an earlier piece than the Weidmann buckle, as regards to which one is better then that is totally up to you or in the eye of the beholder. For me I would prefer the Weidmann over the two piece because it is maker marked but again that is me. Hope this helps?
    Ben

Default Re: Ealy Wiedman SchuPo Buckle Compared With Two-Piece SchuPo Buckle (Assman?)

Hi, Ben and thanks for the reply. I had the inclination as you said that the 2-piece might be an earlier SchuPo. I like them both! I think the stamped, marked one is very nice and different enough to be a nice addition.

Best,
    Adam