Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Gendarmerie Polizei Buckle - JMO 1941

Article about: Well, I'm suppossed to be on a 'buying break' lately. But a tabbed Police buckle has been high on my 'wanted list', and when I was this set on Monday I about broke my finger typing and sendi

?

Default Gendarmerie Polizei Buckle - JMO 1941

Well, I'm suppossed to be on a 'buying break' lately. But a tabbed Police buckle has been high on my 'wanted list', and when I was this set on Monday I about broke my finger typing and sending PayPal as fast as possible

So the postman brought this today. 1941 Julius Maurer, Oberstein. The maker stamp on the belt is Amsterdam, and the belt catch has some markings yet to be determined, but that's part of the fun. Overall, looks unissued and the leather is near factory fresh

Cheers,
    Jeff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gendarmerie Polizei Buckle - JMO 1941   Gendarmerie Polizei Buckle - JMO 1941  

Gendarmerie Polizei Buckle - JMO 1941   Gendarmerie Polizei Buckle - JMO 1941  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gendarmerie Polizei Buckle - JMO 1941
    P
    Many

?

Jeff, An absolutely GREAT score !!! Make sure ya like sleeping on the couch if ya have a Mrs. Weller.
    Again... Very nice.. G

?

LOL G, thanks. It's a stunner, I could not believe the condition when I opened box, very pleased!

?

That's a lovely set indeed! Nice addition.

Limited items of the TR period tend to give me the creeps...and belt buckles never do..until now. Seeing the swastika and "God with Us" on the same field.

Hard to imagine the 2 to co exist. The belt buckle is in screaming condition and a worth the wait. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Larry, the Heer buckles have the same motto, not sure why these branches and not others, or these 2 branches at all.

?

'Gott mit Uns' was a motto of imperial Prussia, and the Polizei, Heer and Kriegsmarine all had their origins in much older Prussian organizations, so they kept the motto. Other organizations are more closely aligned with the Nazi Party, so their buckles don't include the motto.

Hi Weller agreed ! yes they do..but this particular type with a very large only swastika stands out. I dont collect them..but had to comment. It just caught my attention...seeing "Got Mit Uns"..and what Hitler was really trying to do. Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Belt maker is J. De Valk A.Dam - Amsterdam, so seems an occupation made item.

?

What a crisp belt and buckle nice score!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast