Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Need help authenticating (2) Polizei Buckles

Article about: hello everyone, Could you please help me authenticate these 2 buckles? I have read through this awesome post by Ben Evans https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/germa...ls-fakes-5102/ it has been ve

Default Need help authenticating (2) Polizei Buckles

hello everyone, Could you please help me authenticate these 2 buckles?

I have read through this awesome post by Ben Evans Buckle and Belt characteristics, originals & fakes it has been very helpful as I have been able to learn a lot, I have also read various Polizei threads, It is my understanding that Polizei buckles were not made of steel?

I have 1 that is steel, it is the silver buckle. the gold colored buckle seems ok to me but being a novice, I am looking for others opinions to help me confirm that the gold colored buckle is infact real.

please take a moment and take a look and let me know what you think. Thank you

Need help authenticating (2) Polizei BucklesNeed help authenticating (2) Polizei Buckles

Need help authenticating (2) Polizei BucklesNeed help authenticating (2) Polizei Buckles

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help authenticating (2) Polizei Buckles
    P
    Many

?

Both buckles are fakes. You will find Steel Police buckles but most of them are aluminum. Most buckles switched from aluminum to steel and other material in 1940.

Quote by kirby View Post
    Both buckles are fakes. You will find Steel Police buckles but most of them are aluminum. Most buckles switched from aluminum to steel and other material in 1940.
    Hello Kirby, thank you for your reply. Yes due to the war, all branches switched to steel? That's why I thought the silver buckle was real and post-1940. the gold I thought was brass or aluminum and pre-1940. I seen a few examples of the gold buckle in these threads but didn't see one exactly like either of mine. would you mind sharing the details that determined that they are fake?

Just to clarify a bit on my observations, the ears on the silver looks normal, so does the prongs and pebbling. I didn't like the catch though, I have seen other examples here that are fakes with same catch.

The gold i liked the catch and the prongs but the ears seemed too small and the front wreath detail is raised and looks weird.

Thanks

?

A good place to start is the sticky thread on Police Makers and fake police buckles. Police buckles should have a nicely detailed pebbled field. The gold buckle is smooth. The details on the center is poor on both buckle. Police buckles don’t have welded C Catch’s . Reverse cut prongs. With experience these are easy to spot. There are better fakes than these.

?

Hello,
    Right kirby... two fakes...

As stated both bad to the bone!
    Ben