Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

newest police buckle - variant?

Article about: Hey gang....I have lots of polizei buckles - but this one caught my eye: it's a different construction from what I'm used to seeing. This one is a cast example - most I've seen are either tw

Default newest police buckle - variant?

Hey gang....I have lots of polizei buckles - but this one caught my eye: it's a different construction from what I'm used to seeing. This one is a cast example - most I've seen are either two piece examples (seperate affixed roundel) or stamped examples (roundel stamped from the rear).

This example is not marked - I'd love to know who the maker is. Anyone have any idea???
    Thought I'd share some pics with you guys! I like it - nice to add a buckle to the collection. Have one more buckle coming next week - can't wait.

Cheers!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture newest police buckle - variant?   newest police buckle - variant?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement newest police buckle - variant?
    P
    Many

Default Re: newest police buckle - variant?

Hey Rob nice variant and hard to get hold of Could the maker be Seiper? With that catch and them short thick ears?
    Ben

I have no clue what it could be - it could be R.S.S......not sure. Glad you like it! It's certainly a different look from the back!
    Cheers!
    Rob

?

Hello Here is a Army buckle with the same construction. I think I have seen a Luftwaffe in the same style.

A another variant style Police buckle. It is smooth on the sides. Kirby
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture newest police buckle - variant?   newest police buckle - variant?  

newest police buckle - variant?   newest police buckle - variant?  

newest police buckle - variant?   newest police buckle - variant?  

Very nice buckles Kirby! I agree that the army buckle must have been made by the same maker : the reverse is identical! COOL!
    Thanks for showing!

Rob

Rob

As you probably know, there are around and as we see, a few of these very interesting injection moulded SchuPo buckles.

I no longer collect SchuPo buckles, however Kirby and as always, has hit the nail on the head by isolating two very important points.

Here are 2 reverse images of buckles that I once held.

The first one is similar to yours and please note, there is the strong possibility of a smooth outer edges to the buckle.

The second one is definitely Sieper.

Regards,

David

Default Sieper SchuPo

Thanks for posting your examples David! Interesting about the Sieper example....different from the other one for sure!
    Cheers!
    Rob

?

Rob!

I am pretty sure that the maker behind Kirby's blind back Army buckle is Wilhelm Schröder of Lüdenscheid.
    So the conclusion is that your nice and desirable buckle was also produced by this maker!

Regards,
    Guido

Thanks Guido! Nice to be able to nail down the maker! I appreciate your help!

Rob