Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Police buckle, original?

Article about: Found it for you: http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-met...iginal-373556/

wk1
    ?

Default Police buckle, original?

Hello,

what do you think about this buckle?!
    original or fake?

In my opinion this is original. Buckle have different colours, because the center is made of zinc,
    and the rest is made of aluminium. Silvering was gone from the zinc after many years

Police buckle, original?Police buckle, original?Police buckle, original?Police buckle, original?Police buckle, original?Police buckle, original?Police buckle, original?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Police buckle, original?
    P
    Many

Interesting, i've never seen a 2 piece Polizei buckle made from 2 different metals.

?

Interesting...Gwar

Very strange buckle, the box to me looks like an original one probably made by Assmann, the police roundel is strange!! It fits really well on the box, looks at the four connection tabs to the rear but the roundel its self to me looks too clean, no remains of wash on it, looks clincal (if thats makes sense) strange buckle for me to be honest, not really seen one like it, it will be interesting to see what the other experienced collectors think of it, it has me thinking to be honest, the jury is out for the moment in time lol
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Very strange buckle, the box to me looks like an original one probably made by Assmann, the police roundel is strange!! It fits really well on the box, looks tha the four connection tabs to the rear but the roundel itssekf to me looks too clean, no remains of wash on it, looks clincal (if thats makes sense) strange buckle for me to be honest, not really seen one like it, it will be interesting to see what the other experienced collectors think of it, it has me thinking to be honest, the jury is out for the monet in time lol
    If it's got you baffled i'm really intrigued!...

I like it.

Now Ben's thoughts on the Assmann connection is interesting. Take a look at the zinc roundal and then compare with a late war Assmann made SS cap skull. Both exhibit this same "lined" or streaked look to the finish which is quite distinctive.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thats interesting to know Ade, is there any pics around for a comparison?

Cheers mate
    Ben

Thinking on could be they have re used an earlier two piece box and attached a late war Police roundel to it?
    Ben

Hi Ben, there are some in the SS cap insignia forum.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Cheers mucker, just off to the gym I will have a neb when I get back
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast