MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Weimar Prussian Police brocade

Article about: Hey gang....This one showed up yesterday and I've been after one of these for some time! I'd like to thank a fellow collector for his help in ID'ing the type of metal used. Pierre mentioned

Default Weimar Prussian Police brocade

Hey gang....This one showed up yesterday and I've been after one of these for some time! I'd like to thank a fellow collector for his help in ID'ing the type of metal used.

Pierre mentioned that it is an alloy called Maillechort (French) It's a combination of nickel, zinc and brass. This type of "metal" is named after the two men who invented it: Maillet and Chorier in 1819, both are from France.
    Thanks so much Pierre! That info is awesome!

These are most often found in gold but have also been observed in this type of silver.
    Hard to tell for sure but I also get the feeling there was a gold gilt on it at one time....looks that way in the crevasses of the buckle but I doubt it as there is nothing around the letters. No biggy - now I'll just have to keep hunting for one in gold! hahahaha

Used during the Weimar and for a few years into the TR until they were replaced with the standard police buckle with large swastika.

Quite happy with this one. Putting up some shots....

Cheers!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Weimar Prussian Police brocade   Weimar Prussian Police brocade  

Weimar Prussian Police brocade   Weimar Prussian Police brocade  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Weimar Prussian Police brocade
    P
    Many

Default Re: Weimar Prussian Police brocade

Hey Rob, this is the first time I have seen one that has not been in a book, nice find mate and a buckle very hard to get hold of
    Ben

Default Re: Weimar Prussian Police brocade

Aye....I agree! Not an easy find....I've been after one like this for a longgggg time! Happy to have it added to the buckle family!

Cheers Ben!

Rob