Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wiedmann Polizei buckle

Article about: Good evening, I would like to ask for your opinions on this Wiedmann made Polizei buckle I am looking at to buy. It would be my first Polizei buckle. I have searched other threads on the mak

?

Default Wiedmann Polizei buckle

Good evening,

I would like to ask for your opinions on this Wiedmann made Polizei buckle I am looking at to buy.

It would be my first Polizei buckle. I have searched other threads on the maker and the same type and it looks like a good one to me but lacking any real experience with police buckles I am hoping for your input.

I have no reason to distrust the seller but they can make mistakes too.

Kind regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wiedmann Polizei buckle   Wiedmann Polizei buckle  

Wiedmann Polizei buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wiedmann Polizei buckle
    P
    Many

?

It's a one looker original, I had a few of these at one point, nice find.. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Thanks for your fast reply Gwar, I appreciate it

I wonder if it may be prudent and for the moment, to avoid the featured SchuPo buckle? That is, until such time as a complete example which has the factory fitted Lederzunge is found? These are not rare buckles.

As you are undoubtedly aware, many examples of the SchuPo buckle to include those manufactured by Emil Ferdinand Wiedmann (Frankfurt am Main) are detailed and featured within the Forum.

Just a thought.

Regards and best wishes,

David

?

Hi David, I must confess I bought it already before I read your comment. Not that I regret the purchase but you are absolutely right. At that moment my focus was completely on originality and its beauty and not on on making a logical purchase and patience in looking further.

However happy with the buckle, still a good lesson.

Kind regards

?

A nice looking buckle and it should have cost about half the price of one with a wide tab. You can always upgrade in the future.

Hello Joost,

It is interesting what you have said, in that “…my focus was completely on originality and its beauty and not on on making a logical purchase and patience in looking further…”.

Without wishing to appear patronising, I fully support your “collect with your heart rather than your head” philosophy.

From memory, Wiedmann produced their SchuPo buckle with a standard rectangular configuration leather tongue and not the so called “police style”. The latter with a section enlarged in order that the leather extends over selected parts of buckle’s ears.

I assume that if the wearer was concerned about the possibility of friction wear to his uniform, then a sew on or slip on “Rockschoner” (tunic protector) could be easily added to the standard leather tongue.

Regards and best wishes,

David

?

Hi David. They produced them with both style tabs. I had a 38 with the standard type tab. My 40 is a black finished wide Police style.

Hello Kirby,

Many thanks for this confirmation and which is greatly appreciated. I have never seen a Wiedmann SchuPo buckle with a police style leather tongue and instead, many with 1938 dated, standard styles.

It is good to know that both styles of the Lederzunge were utilised by Wiedmann.

Regards and best wishes,

David

?

a nice score.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast