Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

back packs used by US in Afganastan 2001

Article about: Hi I am putting together a US uniform and rig Afghanistan 2001 I am trying to find out what kind of small back packs where used. the pictures that I can see on the net show me a woodland one

?

Default back packs used by US in Afganastan 2001

Hi
    I am putting together a US uniform and rig Afghanistan 2001 I am trying to find out what kind of small back packs where used. the pictures that I can see on the net show me a woodland one and a olive drab one but I cant seem to find them or a good look at one so I know what to buy .

can any one help

Best Regards Andrew

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement back packs used by US in Afganastan 2001
    P
    Many

HI Andrew... and welcome aboard ( & stay safe in Melbourne at this crazy time )

Because the forum ( mainly ) deals with older conflicts than the Afghan one, it may be a while before you get a response. That and the fact that we are an international forum means the time differences can be frustrating at times.

Hopefully? your question WILL reach the attention of an expert in that area soon enough!
    Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Hi Dan
    Thank you For your reply. yes it is a little graze at the moment but I am in rural Vic .I have all most finished my US Korean out fit Dan that is my oldest one I have. I am looking forward to all of every ones input

Regards Andrew

Quote by Androw View Post
    Hi
    I am putting together a US uniform and rig Afghanistan 2001 I am trying to find out what kind of small back packs where used. the pictures that I can see on the net show me a woodland one and a olive drab one but I cant seem to find them or a good look at one so I know what to buy .

can any one help

Best Regards Andrew
    I was in the US Army starting in June 2008 & by then the US Army had transitioned over to the all-environment ACU digital camo pattern but in training we were still being issued woodland camo rucksacks no doubt left over from the 80's, 90's, & early 2000's. If my memory serves me right, many soldiers had a mix of gear during the early years of the Afghan war so it would usually be desert tan BDU's with woodland camo LBV's & rucksacks etc. Not sure about the Marine Corps though. I would guess they had a mix of camo patterns as well especially considering their budget is far less than the US Army's and often times they are running older gear. Even within the US Army, some units would be quicker or slower than others to get new gear in many instances.

I don't collect US militaria except some WWII items so i'm not an expert in this area but I would assume a quick google search for "US woodland camo rucksacks" would get you started. Many of the military surplus stores in the US will still have these items left over from those days.

I can't help out on the Afghan question but 2001 woodlands pattern would be common.
    Show your US Korean period I'd like to see it.
    Regards, René from the infected city! what ever!!

?

hi thank you for the reply
    can please tell me about the LBVs ?? i have worked out all of the gear but the rucksacks back pack i just cant find a good picture for reference so when i am looking for one to buy i don,t shore

Regards Andrew

?

Hi René

im new to this so when i work it out i will post pictures

Regards Andrew

?

hi
    i have had a look i think it mite be a Molle II Woodland Patrol Pack Backpack ????

Regards Andrew

I’m about 90% sure Marines used the OD green or old woodland pattern ALICE packs. Same ones they used since late Vietnam. I can’t say for the Army but at this point I would imagine it wouldn’t be that different. Probably the same stuff they used in desert storm just different cammies.

Default Video Time!

Greetings Andrew,

Here is a contemporary instructional video that came with the Rifleman's kit when it was issued to a Soldier/Marine YouTube This will explain just about everything one may wish to know about the assembly/rigging of the MOLLE gear.

Best Regards,

V/r Lance

P.S. There were several series of slightly differing videos issued with MOLLE gear as it was developed.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast