Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Falklands war trophy.

Article about: I didn't really know where to post this but as it concerns the Falklands war i decided t post it here. I don't own this item but its in a local antiques shop. It comprises of an Argentinian

Default Falklands war trophy.

I didn't really know where to post this but as it concerns the Falklands war i decided t post it here. I don't own this item but its in a local antiques shop.
    It comprises of an Argentinian Helmet liner with a hole in the top mounted onto a wooden base with an engraved dedication below.
    The dedication is faint in places but looks to read:-

BOOTY FROM GOOSE GREEN.
    A HOLED ARGENTINE HELMET FROM GOOSE GREEN. PRESENTED BY HIS FRONT OFFICE A AND THE GENERAL STAFF TO GENERAL SIR EDWIN BRAMALL GCE,CBE,MC,ADC,GEN UPON RELINQUISHING THE APPOINTMENT OF CGS. ON 31 JULY 1982.

I googled General Bramall & it made quite interesting reading. I asked the shop owner how much he wanted for it and he said he wanted £500 ( a bit much i.m.o.) still i thought some of you guys might find it interesting.

Falklands war trophy.

Falklands war trophy.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Falklands war trophy.
    P
    Many

Paul,

A very interesting war trophy. Thank you for sharing this one with us. I rather enjoy seeing items from other conflicts such as the Falklands War.

Regards

Smitty

Nice souvenir. As fans as I know the only Argentine Police unit on the Islands was the Compania de Policia Militar 181 (Ca PM 181), under the command of Major Roberto Berazay. This unit was based in Port Stanley, but perhaps some were caught up in the battle for Goose Green.