Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

French Lizard pattern TTA47 'toutes armes/modèle général' jacket

Article about: Hello everyone. Here is another recent addition to my modest collection of post ww2 French uniforms and equipment. This time it is an example of the TTA47 (toutes armes/modèle général) ja

Default French Lizard pattern TTA47 'toutes armes/modèle général' jacket

Hello everyone.

Here is another recent addition to my modest collection of post ww2 French uniforms and equipment. This time it is an example of the TTA47 (toutes armes/modèle général) jacket. This designation refers to the jacket being used by all arms, eg being the general model.

The earlier version of the jacket was produced from 1947 and is olive drab in colour with the design being based on the American m43.

The lizard pattern design had the same cut as the post 1952 OD version of the earlier TTA47, with both having bellowed lower pockets.

Although it is hard to tell from the photo, the maker stamp tells us that the jacket was produced by Paulhan & Fils - Montpellier. Below this an NH stamp can also be seen and this NH abbreviation stands for non hydrofugé (not water-repellent).

Interestingly I noticed there are two small holes above one of the top pockets which could indicate that a pair of jump wings 'Brevet parachutiste' were once attached. Please feel free to confirm or correct this, or suggest any other badge that could have been placed there.

Information about the jacket -
    French Lizard TTA 47 (1950’s) | KommandoPost.com | KPS Militaria Collection
    TTA47 "toutes armes" or "modele general", "modele allege"

Kind regards,

Will.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture French Lizard pattern TTA47 'toutes armes/modèle général' jacket   French Lizard pattern TTA47 'toutes armes/modèle général' jacket  

French Lizard pattern TTA47 'toutes armes/modèle général' jacket   French Lizard pattern TTA47 'toutes armes/modèle général' jacket  

French Lizard pattern TTA47 'toutes armes/modèle général' jacket   French Lizard pattern TTA47 'toutes armes/modèle général' jacket  

Last edited by Willmore; 03-23-2023 at 04:18 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement French Lizard pattern TTA47 'toutes armes/modèle général' jacket
    P
    Many